Solar System Quiz Questions
Solar System Trivia: The eight planets of the Solar System (by decreasing size) are Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Earth, Venus, Mars and Mercury.
- Name the first man made object to leave the Solar System and cross into interstellar space?
- Which planet is sometimes referred to as the Earth’s sister planet due the their similar sizes?
- What is the largest moon of Jupiter?
- Which planet has two tiny natural satellites named Deimos and Phobos?
- How old is The Solar System estimated to be: (a)560 million years, (b)2.6 billion years, or (c) 4.6 billion years?
- Name the largest object in the asteroid belt?
- As of 2016, how many people have walked on the moon?
- The asteroid belt lies between which two planets?
- Name the largest dwarf planet - it's also the ninth largest body orbiting the Sun?
- The Great Red Spot is a storm on which planet in the Solar System?
- Which planet was discovered in 1781 by Sir William Herschel?
- What is the hottest planet in the solar system?
- What word meaning 'Jupiter like' can be used to describe the four large outer planets?
- In which year was Pluto demoted to the newly created category of 'dwarf planet'?
- The ring of icy bodies beyond Neptune is known as: (a)the Kelvin Belt, (b) the Kirchkoff Belt, or (c)the Kuiper Belt?
- Voyager 1
- 4.6 billion
- Mars and Jupiter
- Venus (although Mercury is nearest the sun)
- The Kuiper Belt
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.