Sport Quizzes and Answers
Sports Quiz 9
British Sports Quiz
Sports Quiz 8
Sports Quiz 7
Sports Quiz 6
Sports Quiz 5
Sports Quiz 4
Sports Quiz 3
Sports Quiz 2
Sports Quiz 1
- As of 2018, in athletics who is the men's British record holder for the mile?
- The 2024 Summer Olympics will be held in which city exactly one hundred years after it hosted its last Olympics?
- Fred Perry won three consecutive Wimbledon Championships in which decade?
- Which professional American football team is located 21 miles southwest of the city of Boston?
- In football, who was the first ever Premier League manager from outside of the British Isles?
- German athelete Harald Schmid had a famous rivalry with which great sportsman during the late 1970s and early 1980s?
- On 24 February 2013, who became the 400th player in the history of French football club Paris Saint Germain?
- In 2003, who became the first former middleweight champion to win a heavyweight title in 106 years?
- Which world champion recently gave his post-championship press conference naked?
- Whitchurch High School in Cardiff has three former pupils that reached the highest levels of their chosen sports, name them?
- Who received the Golden Ball award for best player of the 2018 Football World Cup tournament?
- Bjorn Borg won his first Wimbedon Championship in 1976, when he was fourth seed, can you name the three players seeded above him that year?
- In golf, name the 2018 British Open Champion? (Hint: he was first Italian professional golfer to win a major)
- In ladies' figure skating, which type of jump did Tonya Harding become the first American woman to successfully land in competition in 1991?
- In cricket, what name is given specifically to a type of delivery in which a fast bowled ball passes above the batsman's waist height without bouncing?
- As of 2018, name the last female to win the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award?
- Which event started in Lima, Peru on 6 January, 2018, and finished in Cordoba, Argentina, 14 days later?
- Football manager Frank Lampard's uncle is also famous in the world of sport, who is he?
- Name the the first player to hit a perfect 9-dart finish during the Embassy World Darts Championship in 1990?
- The Rungrado 1st of May Stadium, the largest stadium in the world, is in which country?
- Steve Cram
- 1930s (1934-1936)
- New England Patriots
- Ossie Ardiles (Tottenham, in 1993)
- Ed Moses (in the 400m hurdles)
- David Beckham
- Roy Jones Jr.
- Mark Williams (snooker)
- Sam Warburton (captain of Wales and the Lions), Gareth Bale (Real Madrid) and Geraint Thomas (two Olympic gold medals and 2018 Tour de France winner)
- Luka Modric (Croatia)
- Arthur Ashe(1), Jimmy Connors(2) and Ille Nastase(3)
- Francesco Molinari
- Triple Axel
- Beamer (note: a full toss reaches the batsman without bouncing but does not have to be above the waist, so is not correct for this question)
- Zara Philips (2006)
- The Dakar Rally (tenth successive year the event has been held in South America, following security concerns in Africa)
- Harry Redknapp
- Paul Lim
- North Korea
Thank you for printing this sports quiz. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great sport quizzes.