Sport Quizzes and Answers
British Sports Quiz
Sports Quiz 8
Sports Quiz 7
Sports Quiz 6
Sports Quiz 5
Sports Quiz 4
Sports Quiz 3
Sports Quiz 2
Sports Quiz 1
- What's the sporty jobs of Spain's Alhambra Nievas and Ireland's Joy Neville?
- In 1969, David Attenborough commissioned which television series to demonstrate the potential of colour television in sport?
- In 1980, who became the first woman to run a mile under four and a half minutes?
- Which team came top of English football in the first season that the three-points-for-a-win system was introduced?
- In the May 2018 squash rankings, 7 out of the top 10 male players in the world came from which country?
- The Baskerville Shield is a trophy awarded to the winner between England and New Zealand in which sport?
- In 2022, which city will become the first city to have hosted both the summer and the winter Olympics?
- Which British musician participated in the 2014 Winter Olympics in alpine skiing? And which country did this female musician represent?
- Which sporting occasion in the United States is known as 'The Most Exciting Two Minutes In Sports'?
- What name is given to the winter sport that combines cross-country skiing and rifle shooting?
- Name the second largest city in Japan - it will host the 2019 Rugby World Cup Final? And in which year did this city also host the FIFA World Cup Final?
- In theory, what is the minimum number of possible strokes a tennis player needs to win a set?
- Which short form of cricket, one of the three current forms of cricket recognised by the International Cricket Council, is typically completed in about three hours?
- Which sport is often abbreviated as MMA?
- Who made his pro boxing debut against Richard Dawson in 2012?
- Can you name the only person to have won both an Olympic medal and received a Nobel Prize?
- Female rugby referees (that have refereed important male matches)
- Pot Black (featuring snooker)
- Mary Decker
- Liverpool (1981-1982 season)
- Egypt (it's a bit of a mystery why Egypt are so good at squash!)
- Rugby League
- Vanessa-Mae (British violinist). Thailand.
- The Kentucky Derby (a horse race held at Churchill Downs)
- Yokohama. 2002 Final (when Brazil beat Germany 2-0).
- 12 (with four aces in your three sets and for your opponent to double-fault all of his strokes)
- Mixed martial arts
- (Former cricketer) Andrew Flintoff
- Philip Noel-Baker (1889–1982, a British politician who won a silver medal at the 1920 Summer Olympics and received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1959)
- What links the most capped All Blacks' prop of all time, the 1991 World Snooker Champion, and the first English off-spinner since Jim Laker to take 10 wickets in a match?
- In the semi-final of the 2014 football world cup, how many goals did Germany score against Brazil?
- In which Australian city are the professional rugby union team known as The Brumbies based?
- The FIFA Ballon d'Or was an annual association football award presented to the world's best men's player from 2010 to 2015 - what is the translation of the French word 'd'Or'?
- Cinderella Man was the nickname of which heavyweight boxing champion?
- Which country is credited globally as the capital of polo and has the largest number of 10 handicap players in the world?
- In May 2006, which game was the then British Deputy Prime Minister, John Prescott, photographed playing at his official residence?
- Which British skeleton racer won a gold medal in the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi?
- Which American football franchise won the 2018 Super Bowl?
- Name the first swimmer to break the one minute barrier for 100-metre freestyle?
- Michaela Tabb participated in the 2009 and 2012 world final of which sport?
- Westfalenstadion, presently called Signal Iduna Park for sponsorship reasons, is a football stadium in which European city?
- In which event did Carl Lewis win four Olympic Golds - in Los Angeles, Seoul, Barcelona, and Atlanta?
- Name the first female gymnast from Great Britain to win a medal at the European Championships, World Championships, and Olympic Games?
- Ian Botham made eleven appearances in the Football League for which football club?
- In which cities were the following sport stars born: (a) Jessica Ennis-Hill, (b) Torvill and Dean, (c) Gary Lineker, (d) Mo Farah, and (e) cyclist Chris Froome?
- Surnames that are the names of birds (Tony Woodcock, John Parrot and Graeme Swann)
- Seven goals in a historic 7–1 win over Brazil
- James J. Braddock
- Lizzy Yarnold (Britain's only 2014 Winter Olympics gold medal)
- The Philadelphia Eagles
- Johnny Weissmuller
- Snooker (she was the referee)
- Long Jump
- Beth Tweddle
- Scunthorpe United
- (a) Sheffield, (b) Nottingham, (c) Leicester, (d) Mogadishu, Somalia, and (e) Nairobi, Kenya
> Boxing Trivia
> Golf Quizzes
> Rugby Quizzes
> Football Quiz Questions
> Free Football and Rugby Handouts
Thank you for printing this sports quiz. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great sport quizzes.