Welcome to our Sport Quiz Page
Sports Quiz 1
Sports Quiz 2
Sports Quiz 3
Sports Quiz 4
Sports Quiz 5
Sports Quiz 6
Sports Quiz 7
Sport Quizzes and Answers
Sport Quiz Questions I
- Who was ranked UK's number one men's tennis player from 1989 to 1994?
- True or False. Tiger Wood is over forty?
- Which two football clubs did Brian Clough play for?
- An American football team has how many players on the field at any one time?
- In which sport are France known as Les Chanticleers and Ireland the Wolfhounds?
- By what one word name do we best know the West Sussex equestrian sport centre principally known for its showjumping activities?
- Which Premier League stadium was fully demolished after the end of the 2016–17 football season?
- Name the only athlete to win two Olympic titles in the Triathlon? (both first and last name needed!)
- The trophy for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award is a plinth featuring which silver-plated object?
- Which British driver won the 2009 Formula One World Championship, driving for Brawn GP?
- What is the highest break POSSIBLE in snooker?
- Can you remember the name of the small ski resort town in Norway that hosted the 1994 Winter Olympics?
- Is a badminton net at its centre: 4 feet, 5 feet, 6 feet, or 7 feet high?
- English professional rugby union team Wasps play their home games in which English city?
- In January 2016, FIFA's quality programme website listed 78 football stadiums with licensed GLT installations - what does the acronym GLT stand for?
- Elise Christie is a ten times European gold medalist in which sport?
- Jeremy Bates
- True (he was 42 on December 30, 2017)
- Middlesbrough and Sunderland
- Rugby League
- White Hart Lane
- Alistair Brownlee (his brother, Jonathan Brownlee, came second in the 2016 Olympics and third in the 2012 Olympics)
- Television camera (a four-turret lens camera)
- Jenson Button
- 155 (Not 147! - 155 is possible if a foul stroke is committed which gives a free ball at the start of the break)
- 5 feet high
- Goal Line Technology
- Speed-skating (a shirt track specialist)
Sport Quiz Questions II
- In a game of bowls, how many bowls does each player have per end in a game of singles?
- Which drink is famously associated with the Indianapolis 500? (100,000 commemorative bottles of this drink were given to spectators to toast the winner of the 2016 race)
- Which common boxing term is given to the normal stance taken by a left-handed boxer?
- Which London venue is host to the 2018 PDC World Darts Championship? And what does the acronym PDC stand for?
- Who was the first British male athlete to run under 20 seconds for the 200 metres, and as of 2017, still holds the UK record for the event?
- Scuderia Toro Rosso is an Italian Formula One racing team owned by which Austrian beverage company?
- In football, what word is credited to a player for passing or crossing the ball to the scorer?
- Which of the Williams sisters in tennis is the oldest, Venus or Serena?
- Which well known sports' quotation is attributed to American football coach 'Red' Sanders but often wrongly attributed to Vince Lombardi?
- Gary Neville was appointed head coach of which Spanish football club in December 2015?
- Which British Olympic Champion has the middle name Wipper and was coached by his wife Margot?
- In which sport at elite level are there postions called setters, liberos, middle blockers, outside hitters and opposite hitters?
- The 2017 UEFA Champions League Final was held in which city? And which team lost to Real Madrid in the final?
- Name the world famous natural ice skeleton toboggan track in St. Moritz, Switzerland?
- In which sport did Britain's Liam Tancock excel?
- Alexandra Palace. Professional Darts Corporation.
- John Regis
- Red Bull
- An assist
- Venus (15 months older than Serena).
- Winning isn't everyting; it's the only thing.
- Allan Wells
- Cardiff. Juventus (lost to Real Madrid)
- The Cresta Run
- Backstroke Swimming (as of 2017, he still holds the world record in the 50-metre backstroke)
More Sport Quizzes...
> Boxing Trivia
> Golf Quizzes
> Rugby Quizzes
> Football Quiz Questions
> Free Football and Rugby Handouts
Thank you for printing this sports quiz. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great sport quizzes.