Sport Quiz - Number 2
Free Sport Questions I
- Adam Peaty represents Great Britian in which sport?
- In football, how far is the penalty spot from the goal line?
- A key strategy in which sport is known as 'dominating the T'?
- In square feet, what is the surface area of a table tenis table?
- Wayne Gretzky was a legend in which sport?
- Which French term, meaning 'training', is a highly skilled form of horse riding performed in competitions and exhibitions?
- There are three weapons in modern fencing, foil and epee are two, can you name the third?
- How many players are in the pool at any one time in a water polo team?
- Who won the 800 metres athletics gold medal in the 1980 Moscow Olympic Games?
- In 2014, who became the first horse trainer to have three consecutive winners of the Epsom Derby?
- Swimming (breaststroke 2015 world champion)
- 11 metres or 12 yards (36 feet)
- 45 square feet (9 feet long by 5 feet wide)
- Ice hockey
- Steve Ovett
- Aidan O'Brien
- The first Rugby World Cup Final was played in which stadium?
- Who got sent off in a 2011 Rugby World Cup semi-final?
- Which sportsman won the first series of the Australian version of I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!?
- In 2015, which of the four tennis Grand Slam events gave the most prize money to the singles winner?
- Which American figure skater was a 1994 Olympic silver medallist and a 1992 bronze medallist?
- What is the nickname of the Australian national rugby league team?
- What nickname links football teams Fulham, Preston North End and Tottenham Hotspur?
- How many fences are jumped in The Grand National?
- Which golf club has hosted the British open 24 times, 5 less than St. Andrews?
- What is 48 inches in diameter with the centre 1.3 metres above the ground?
- Eden Park (New Zealand)
- Sam Warburton
- (Andrew) Freddie Flintoff
- US Open ($3 million)
- Nancy Kerrigan
- The Kangaroos
- Prestwick Golf Club
- An archery target
- Which female gymnast became the first woman to score a perfect 10 at the Olympic Games?
- Which American female sprinter ran a time of 10.64 seconds for the 100 metres in 2009?
- Matt Biondi is famous name in which sport?
- Who was boxer Joe Calzaghe's last professional opponent?
- In pole vaulting, who became the first ever member of the 'six metres club'?
- The Sid Waddell trophy is awarded in which sport?
- The name of what sport translates to 'gentle way'?
- Also known as Gilette, who dominated alpine ski racing in the late 1960s?
- True or False. For association football, Canadians use the term soccer and not football?
- In 1972 the venue was Selly Park British Legion, Birmingham and in 1974 it was held in Belle Vue, Manchester; where was the venue in 2000?
- Nadia Comaneci
- Carmelita Jeter
- Roy Jones Jr.
- Sergey Bubka
- Jean-Claude Killy
- Crucible Theatre, Sheffield (world snooker championship)