Summer Quiz Questions and Answers
- 'The First Day of Summer' is an annual public holiday celebrated in which European country in April?
- Can you give the first line of Grease's 'Summer Nights' lyrics?
- Which feast day falls on July 15 every year?
- Who was credited with saving 77 lives during seven summers working as a lifeguard at Lowell Park, Illinois, starting in 1926?
- Which singer was known as the 'Queen of Disco'?
- Who met and fell in love with Marge Bouvier in a 1974 summer camp?
- Which novel is told partly by its heroine Esther Summerson?
- The “dog days of summer” are named after the Dog Star; what is the better known name of this star?
- What term is often given to a period of dry hot weather that occurs in the autumn?
- 'Shall I compare thee to a summer's day' is the first line of which William Shakespeare sonnet?
- What was the first name of Clegg in the sitcom Last of the Summer Wine?
- The summer solstice occurs in the Southern Hemisphere during which month?
- Summer loving had me a blast
- Saint Swithins
- Ronald Reagan
- Donna Summer
- Homer Simpson
- Bleak House
- Indian Summer
- Sonnet 18
Summer Quiz Questions II
- 'In the Summertime' was a debut single and big hit for which British rock band?
- Name the fictional seaside town is the Australian sitcom Home and Away?
- By what two names is the character Puck also known in the play A Midsummer Night's Dream?
- Who sung the song 'Summer', which received nominations for British Single of the Year at the 2015 Brit Awards?
- One Summer, a 1983 British TV drama by Willy Russell, gave which English actor his first break as sixteen-year-old Billy Rizley?
- Castel Gandolfo is famous for being whose summer residence?
- London have hosted the Summer Olympic Games three times, can you name the years?
- Name the cities which hosted the following Summer Olympics: (a)1952, (b)1960, (c)1972, and (d)1988?
- As of 2017, who is the current Chief Executive of Ann Summers?
- What is the Italian word for Summer?
- The Summer Palace is a vast ensemble of palaces, gardens and lakes in which world city?
- In the famoous nursery rhyme what did the Queen of Hearts make 'all on a summer's day'?
- What are the summer signs of the Zodiac? (three answers needed)
- British Summer Time begins and ends on the last Sundays of which months? (two answers)
- Mungo Jerry
- Summer Bay
- Robin Goodfellow
- Calvin Harris
- David Morrissey
- The Popes
- 1908, 1948, and 1912
- (a)Helsinki, (b)Rome, (c)Munich, and (d)Seoul
- Jacqueline Gold
- Some tarts
- Gemini, Cancer, and Leo
- March and October (begins last Sunday of March, ends last Sunday of October)
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.