All the answers start with the words "The Big" - for example, if the question was 'how astronomers explain the way the universe began', the answer would be 'The Big Bang'.
- Founded by John Bird and Gordon Roddick in September 1991.
- Stars Jeff Bridges as "The Dude", a Los Angeles slacker and avid bowler.
- American musician Jiles Perry Richardson Jr.
- The winter of 1962–1963 in the UK.
- An index which is a way of measuring Purchasing Power Parity between different countries.
- Nickname for the city of New Orleans, Louisiana.
- North American name for the Plough.
- Largest self-storage company in United Kingdom.
- Nickname of American aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt.
- In the early 1960s, he was a boilermaker in the Glasgow shipyards.
- Agatha Christie novel featuring Hercule Poirot, first published in 1927.
- A 1958 American Western film directed by William Wyler.
- Annual food festival held every Summer in Caerphilly, South Wales.
- Nickname of the New York Stock Exchange.
- Liam Neeson film. An unemployed Scottish miner accepts an offer to fight in an illegal bare-knuckle boxing match.
- A 1939 crime novel by Raymond Chandler. The first to feature the detective Philip Marlowe.
- The Big Issue (street newspaper)
- The Big Lebowski
- The Big Bopper
- The Big Freeze (one of the coldest winters)
- The Big Mac index
- The Big Easy
- The Big Dipper
- The Big Yellow
- The Big Stick (based on Theodore Roosevelt's quotation, "Speak softly and carry a big stick")
- The Big Yin (Billy Connolly)
- The Big Four
- The Big Country
- The Big Cheese
- The Big Board
- The Big Man
- The Big Sleep
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.