Welcome to our Tiebreaker Questions Page
Find more tiebreakers at: Tiebreakers III Tiebreakers II Tiebreakers I
Good tiebreaker questions to decide your tied pub quizzes - the best tiebreakers on the web!
- To the nearest whole number, how many times will England fit into the State of Texas?
- In the 21st century, how many times has the United Kingdom finished in the top ten of the Eurovision Song Contest? (note: question was set in August, 2019)
- How old was Abraham Lincoln when he was assassinated in April 1865?
- Hungarian-American actress and socialite Zsa Zsa Gabor and her actress sisters Eva and Magda were married quite a few times, but how many husbands did they have between them?
- The Persistence of Memory is a famous 1931 painting by artist Salvador Dali; how many inches across does this most recognisable work of Surrealism measure?
- Orville Wright made the first successful flight in a powered aircraft on December 17, 1903, but how many metres did he travel?
- In minutes, what was the total time that Neil Armstrong spent out of the lunar module on the moon?
- A standard dartboard measures how many inches in diameter?
- The Christ the Redeemer statue stands on Corcovado mountain overlooking the city of Rio de Janeiro; in metres, how long do the arms stretch from finger tip to finger tip?
- Catherine Howard married Henry VIII when she was just 16 or 17, how old was the groom Henry?
- How old was George Harrison when The Beatles first arrived in America on tour and famously landed at Kennedy Airport in February, 1964?
- In feet, what is the length of the minute hand on the clock commonly (but mistakenly!) called Big Ben?
- For the Oxford and Cambridge annual boat race, to the nearest minute, what is the course record (as of 2019)?
- Bluey, an Australian cattle dog, is the record holder for world's oldest dog, how old was he when he died?
- The children's comic strip character Rupert Bear (created by the English artist Mary Tourtel) first appeared in the Daily Express newspaper in which year?
- How many UK number-one singles has the band Oasis had?
- How many episodes of the British historical period drama Downton Abbey have been made?
- Trudy, the oldest living Western Lowland gorilla passed away at Little Rock Zoo in Arkansas, in 2019. How old was Trudy?
- How old was the Eiffel Tower on March 31, 2019?
- Correct as of 2019, what is the maximum length parcel tube you can send with the Royal Mail? (Answer required in centimetres)
- In feet and inches, how tall are the AEC Routemaster red double-decker busses that were designed and used by London Transport?
- The Cook Strait which separates the North and South Islands of New Zealand is how many miles across at its narrowest point?
- Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones share the same birthday, but how many years apart?
- The new polymer five pound note featuring Winston Churchill on the reverse is how many millimetres in width? (i.e. its longest length)
- In December 1926, the crime novelist Agatha Christie famously vanished from her home for how many days?
- Five times (5.3)
- Twice (Jessica Garlick third (2002) and Jade Ewen fifth (2009))
- 56 years old
- 20 husbands (Zsa Zsa Gabor had 9, Magda Gabor had 6, and Eva Gabor 5 times)
- 13 inches (9.5 in × 13 in - yes, it really is that small!)
- 37 metres or (120 feet)
- 152 minutes
- 18 inches in diameter
- The arms stretch 28 metres
- 49 (and she was beheaded just 2 years after the marriage)
- 20 years old (John Lennon and Ringo were 23, McCartney 21)
- 14 feet long
- 16 minutes (Cambridge, 1998 – 16 minutes and 19 seconds)
- 29 years (and 5 months)
- Eight number ones
- 52 episodes
- 63 years old
- 130 years old
- 90 centimetres
- 14 feet 4.5 inches (or 172.5 inches)
- 14 miles across
- 25 years apart
- 125 millimetres
- 11 days (author Jared Cade later wrote the biography Agatha Christie and the Eleven Missing Days)
Thank you for printing our tie-breaker questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.