Thanks for the visit. We are free but if you wish to support us in writing our quizzes:
- The Tribunal of the Holy Office of the Inquisition is more commonly known by what name?
- Foot whipping or falanga is better known by what name?
- Which torture device consisted of a solid iron cabinet with a spike-covered interior and hinged front, the correct height and shape to enclose a human being?
- By what nickname do we better know Vlad III?
- Starting with the letter 'o' what name is given to a bottle dungeon which is accessible only from a hatch or hole in a high ceiling?
- Which form of punishment and potential execution method used a line looped beneath a ship and dragged under the ship to the other side?
- What is the better known name for pillywinks, a torture instrument which was first used in early modern Europe?
- Which form of torture, where water is poured over a cloth, became a matter of public controversy in the United States during the War on Terror in the 2000s?
- What device, formerly used for punishment by public humiliation, is made of a wooden or metal framework erected on a post, with holes for securing the hands and head?
- What was the Duke of Exeter's daughter, in the Tower of London?
- The Spanish Inquisition
- Iron Maiden
- Vlad the Impaler
- An oubliette
- A torture rack
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.