12 Questions About the United Arab Emirates
- Which city is the capital and the second-most populous of the United Arab Emirates?
- The UAE is home to the world's tallest building, can you name it?
- What is the currency?
- Located at the eastern end of the Arabian Peninsula, the UAE shares land borders with which two countries?
- The UAE gained independence from which country on 2 December 1971?
- Administratively, the UAE is a federation of how many emirates, each with its own ruler?
- Which city in the UAE is one of the world's most popular tourist destinations?
- The UAE is also known for its three manmade archipelagos, one resembles a world map, what were the other two both designed to look like?
- Is the population of the UAE: (a) 3 million, (b) 10 million, or (c) 19 million?
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the driving force behind which Thoroughbred horseracing stable?
- Dubai has been twinned with which British city since 2004: (a) Cardiff, (b) Dundee, or (c) Bath?
- Emirates is the largest airline and one of two flag carriers of the UAE, can you name the other?
- Abu Dhabi ("Abu" is the Arabic word for father, and "Dhabi" is Arabic for gazelle. Abu Dhabi means "Father of Gazelle".)
- The Burj Khalifa (it is 829 metres tall; for reference, Britain's tallest building The Shard is 310 metres tall.)
- Dirham (the United Arab Emirates dirham, or simply the Emirati dirham)
- Oman and Saudi Arabia
- United Kingdom
- 7 emirates (the UAE is a federation of seven emirates - Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al-Quwain, Fujairah, and Ras Al Khaimah.)
- Palm trees
- (b) 10 million
- (b) Dundee
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.