- What do Americans call the autumn?
- What was the last name of the hydrographer to the British Royal Navy that created a scale in 1805 that relates wind speed to observed conditions at sea or on land?
- True or false? The North Pole is much warmer than the South Pole.
- Which strong wind, often a descriptor in nautical contexts, does the U.S. National Weather Service define as 34 to 47 knots?
- What word means the amount of water vapour in the air?
- What term is given for a period of abnormally warm weather in mid to late autumn?
- What name is given to any and all forms of water, liquid or solid, that falls from clouds and reaches the ground?
- Which popular nautical term refers to the belt near the equator where sailing ships sometimes get stuck on windless waters?
- What does an anemometer mesure?
- What name is given to the point when the water vapour in the atmosphere is at its maximum level for the existing temperature?
- Beaufort (Sir Francis Beaufort)
- Indian summer
- The doldrums
- Wind speed
- Saturation point
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.