Winter Quiz Questions and Answers
- Which zodiac sign runs from November 22 to December 21?
- "Now is the winter of our discontent" is the openning line from which William Shakespeare play?
- True or false. No country in the Southern Hemisphere has hosted, or even been an applicant to host, the Winter Olympics?
- The Winter Palace can be visited in which city?
- Which James Bond actor made his film debut in the 1968 historical period drama The Lion in Winter?
- Which fruit has a variety called 'Winter Banana'?
- Which country has won the most medals throughout Winter Olympic history?
- 'Christmas won't be Christmas without any presents!' is the opening line of what classic novel?
- Which simple sled differs from most sleds or sleighs in that it has no runners or skis (or only low ones) on the underside?
- In fiction, where is the land of talking animals and mythical creatures that one White Witch has ruled for 100 years of deep winter?
- Which winter sport is sometimes known as "the roaring game"?
- The Winter of Discontent was a winter in the UK of strikes by public sector trade unions demanding larger pay rises; who was Prime Minister at the time?
- Richard III
- Saint Petersburg
- Timothy Dalton
- Little Women
- A toboggan
- Narnia (in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe)
- James Callaghan (1978-79)
Winter Quiz Questions II
- 'A Winter's Tale' is a song that reached number 2 in the UK singles chart in January 1983 for which singer?
- True or false. The Earth is closer to the sun in our winter than in summer?
- General Winter often refers to the winter climate of which country?
- Burning the Clocks is a winter solstice festival that takes place each year in which seaside resort?
- Chionophobia is the extreme dislike or fear of what?
- Which Christmas carol is based on a poem by the English poet Christina Rossetti?
- How many sides do all snowflakes have?
- The eruption of which country's Mount Tambora volcano in April 1815 created a 'Year without Summer' in the Northern Hemisphere?
- The Winter War was a military conflict between the Soviet Union and which country?
- In television's Game of Thrones what is the name of the ancestral home of House Stark?
- What was the name given to the public festivals held on frozen Thames throghout the 17th and 18th centuries?
- The 1924 Winter Olympics, which were the first ever, were held at a site at the foot of which mountain?
- David Essex
- Russia (its been a contributing factor to the military failures of several invasions of Russia)
- In the Bleak Midwinter
- Six sides
- Finland (in 1939-40)
- Frost fares (the last was in 1812)
- Mont Blanc (the site was Chamonix, France)
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.