Wordle - the word puzzle game
Test your knowledge of Wordle
- What was the surname of Welsh software engineer Josh who created the game Wordle? The name 'wordle' is a play on his last name.
- How many tries do users have to get the word right?
- The game is now owned and published by which newspaper?
- What colour tile indicates that the letter is correct, but the placement is wrong?
- Which large, mainly grey bird with long legs and a long neck is listed by WordleBot as the best Wordle start word?
- Wordle uses US-English spellings not UK. A report said, this upset many UK-based players when which word beginning with 'F' was one day the the word to guess?
- The word for 'a man who courts a woman' is regarded as one of the worse words used so far. What is it?
- What word game beginning with the letter 'A' is a much more difficult version of Wordle? The name is a play on the word 'wordle'.
- Wordle is similar to which UK television game show?
- The prototype of Wordle was created in 2013 and inspired by which color-matching game?
- Wardle (Josh Wardle)
- Six tries
- The New York Times (since 2022)
- Yellow tile