- The word "yoga", meaning to yoke or join together, is derived from which language?
- What type of yoga is the most popular in Western culture?
- What word is given to a person or guru who has spent many years practising the philosophy of yoga?
- What postion, also known as Padmasana, is a cross-legged sitting meditation pose in which each foot is placed on the opposite thigh?
- What word meaning "seat" is the physical practice of yoga and also another name for the poses or postures of yoga?
- Which Swiss psychiatrist was one of the first Westerners to study yoga in depth and incorporate many of its practices and beliefs into Western psychology?
- Maharishi Mahesh Yogi created what type of silent, mantra meditation technique in India in the mid-1950s?
- Adho Mukha Svanasana is a pose sometimes referred to as the downward what?
- What word is the mantra traditionally chanted at the beginning and end of yoga sessions?
- Starting with the letter 'V' what word is an approach to yoga in which you move from one pose directly into the next?
- Lotus position
- Carl Jung
- Transcendental Meditation
- Downward dog
- Om, which sounds like AUM
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.