Thanks for the visit. We are free but if you wish to support us in writing our quizzes:
Welcome to our Art Quiz Page
Art Quizzes and Answers
Art Quiz Questions
- Name the artist famed for painting the Sistine Chapel ceiling?
- 'My Bed' was exhibited at the Tate Gallery in 1999 and consisted of a bed with bedroom objects in an abject state; who was the artist?
- The Tate is a network of four art museums; two are based in London, give the other two English locations?
- What's the well known name for a painting on a freshly plastered wall?
- In which decade of the last century did the British artist Francis Bacon die?
- Which artist painted the Poppy Field in 1873?
- Which artist was the first living person to have art displayed in the Louvre?
- In which British city would you find the Barber Institute of Fine Arts, and the Ikon Gallery?
- What is the meaning of the art term impasto?
- In 2011, whose 1969 sculpture Two Forms (Divided Circle) was stolen from its plinth in South London? And can you name the park it was stolen from?
- Which artist founded the Cubist movement in collaboration with Pablo Picasso?
- Which painting was stolen from the National Gallery in Oslo in 1994 and held to ransom for $1 million? And who was the artist?
- Tracey Emin
- Liverpool, and St. Ives, Cornwall
- Claude Monet
- Georges Braque
- Thickly applied paint
- Barbara Hepworth's, Dulwich Park
- Georges Braque (again!)
- The Scream, by Edvard Munch
Art Quiz Questions
- The Hay Wain by John Constable depicts a rural scene on which river?
- What are the three drooping objects in The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dalí?
- Who created the work of art known as Campbell's Soup Cans?
- Who created the famous sculpture The Thinker?
- Which form of pottery takes its name from the Italian for baked earth?
- Which arts' movement was founded by Pablo Picasso and Georges Braque?
- Triptych–August 1972 is an oil on canvas triptych by which Irish-born artist?
- Which former England cricketer own's a gallery in Chipping Sodbury and is a well known artist?
- A Rake's Progress is a series of eight paintings by which English artist?
- Sir Quentin Saxby Blake is an English cartoonist, illustrator and children's writer best known for illustrating books by which author?
- Who created the Angel of the North?
- Which well known Roy Lichtenstein artwork features a comic-book style plane shooting down an enemy plane?
- River Stour
- Andy Warhol
- Auguste Rodin
- Francis Bacon
- Jack Russell
- William Hogarth
- Roald Dahl
- Antony Gormley
Art Quiz Questions
- Which nationality is the artist Frida Kahlo?
- Nighthawks, a 1942 oil on canvas painting that portrays people in a downtown diner late at night, is by which artist?
- French artist Edgar Degas was famous for painting which particular subject?
- Who is the best known member of the group known as the Young British Artists?
- In which city would you find The Van Gogh Museum?
- Who painted The Triumph of Death?
- Which statue was carved by the Piccirilli Brothers under the supervision of sculptor Daniel Chester French?
- In which museum can The Laughing Cavalier by Frans Hals be viewed?
- In which British seaside town would you find a Tate gallery?
- Whose sculpture 'Two Forms (Divided Circle)' was stolen, from its plinth in Dulwich Park, South London, in 2011?
- Pablo Picasso spent most of his adult life in which country?
- Complete the Van Gogh painting title: 'Starry Night Over the ...'?
- Edward Hopper
- Ballet dancers or dancers
- Damien Hirst
- Pieter Bruegel
- Lincoln Memorial
- The Wallace Collection, London
- St. Ives
- Barbara Hepworth
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.