Welcome to our Quiz About Famous Captains
Famous Captains I
- In golf, name the most successful Ryder Cup captain ever? (Hint: he led Europe from 1983 to 1989)
- Which brand of rum is named after a 17th-century Welsh pirate?
- What does the 'T' stand for in Star Trek's Captain James T Kirk?
- Which footballer earned 62 caps for England and was made national captain in 1974?
- Which 1994 novel by the British writer Louis de Bernieres was also released as a film in 2001 starring Nicolas Cage?
- Novelist Rafael Sabatini based which of his fictional heroes on a colonel who tried to steal the crown jewels in 1671?
- The poem "O Captain! My Captain!" written by Walt Whitman is about the death of whom?
- Name the seafaring Merchant Marine Captain who was one of Tintin's best friends?
- Bernie Hamilton played Captain Dobey in which 1970s police series?
- Name the fictional captain that was the main protagonist of the Pirates of the Caribbean film series?
- Tony Jacklin
- Captain Morgan
- Emlyn Hughes
- Captain Corelli's Mandolin
- Captain Blood
- American president Abraham Lincoln
- Captain Haddock
- Starsky and Hutch
- Jack Sparrow
Famous Captains II
- Which film follows United States Army Rangers Captain John H. Miller and his squad?
- Captain Ahab is a fictional character in which book?
- Name the fictional character played by Frank Thornton in the BBC comedy show Are You Being Served?
- Name the captain of the RMS Titanic?
- Captain America is the alter ego of which frail young man enhanced to the peak of human perfection by an experimental serum?
- In a Robert Louis Stevenson's book who was the captain of a pirate ship, The Walrus?
- Who led South Africa to Rugby World Cup victory in 1995?
- Raymond Ian Burns is better known by which stage name?
- Which captain was played by actor Gil Gerard?
- Who did the Teen Angels discover and thaw from a block of ice?
- Saving Private Ryan
- Moby Dick
- Captain Peacock (Captain Stephen Peacock)
- Edward John Smith
- Steve Rogers
- Captain Flint (John Silver later called his parrot "Captain Flint" in mockery)
- Francois Pienaar
- Captain Sensible
- Captain Buck Rogers
- Captain Caveman
Famous Captains III
- Which captain's roll-call was "Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb"?
- What was the middle name of explorer Captain Robert Scott who led two expeditions to the Antarctic regions?
- Can you name the first husband of Princess Anne?
- Which captain is known in parts of Europe as Captain Iglo? (Hint: he's an advertising mascot)
- Which 2013 film starring Tom Hanks was inspired by the true story of the 2009 Maersk Alabama hijacking?
- Name the fictional character created by Agatha Christie as the companion and best friend of Hercule Poirot?
- What is the first name of Captain Pugwash who sails the high seas in his ship called the Black Pig?
- Who captained England in the final of the 1991 Rugby World Cup and also led them to a 1995 Grand Slam?
- Name the commanding officer of the rival Eastgate Platoon whose frequently at loggerheads with Captain Mainwaring in Dad's Army?
- Captain W E Johns created which hero?
- Captain Flack's
- Captain Mark Phillips
- Captain Birdseye
- Captain Phillips
- Captain Hastings
- Will Carling
- Captain Square
- Biggles (James Bigglesworth)