Cornwall Quizzes with Answers
- Which river forms most of the border between Devon and Cornwall?
- In Cornish it's called Goon Brenn, but can you name the granite moorland in northeastern Cornwall?
- Name the administrative centre of Cornwall, which is also its only city?
- In May 2012, why did Land's End received worldwide publicity?
- Can you name the peninsula in southern Cornwall, which also contains the most southerly point of the British mainland?
- The iconic Tate gallery is in which Cornish town?
- Scenes for which James Bond film were filmed in Cornwall, at the Eden Project?
- Saint Piran's Flag is the flag of Cornwall; can you give the colour of its cross, and also the colour of its background?
- The television drama Doc Martin is filmed on location in which village?
- What is Brown Willy?
- Mary Yellan, twenty-three years old, was brought up on a farm in Helford; who is he?
- Which resort is widely regarded as the surf capital of the UK?
- Which scientist and inventor was born in Penzance, Cornwall, on 17 December 1778?
- David John Moore Cornwell has lived in St Buryan for more than 40 years and owns a mile of cliff near Land's End; by what pen name is he better known?
- Which fast food chain sells pasties which are manufactured in Penryn, Cornwall?
- Which castle has a long association with legends related to King Arthur?
- In the Cornish language, by what name is Cornwall known?
- Name the famous small tidal island in Mount's Bay?
- What is a Cornish split?
- Which traditional fishing port is now famous for Rick Stein's Seafood Restaurant?
- Can you name the largest and most populated island of the Isles of Scilly (a group of islands off the southwest coast of Cornwall)?
- Which oil tanker was shipwrecked off the west coast of Cornwall in 1967, causing an environmental disaster?
- What name has been given to the large phantom wild cat which has supposedly been often sighted in Cornwall?
- Name the popular amusement park on the southern outskirts of the town of Helston in Cornwall?
- What is Cornish Yarg?
- Bodmin Moor
- It was the starting point of the 2012 Summer Olympics torch relay
- The Lizard
- St Ives
- Die Another Day
- White cross on black background
- Port Isaac
- (A hill and) the highest point in Cornwall
- The main character in the book Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier
- Sir Humphry Davy
- John le Carré
- The West Cornwall Pasty Company
- Tintagel Castle
- St Michael's Mount
- A bread roll (traditionally used in Cornish Cream Teas instead of scones)
- St Mary's
- Torrey Canyon
- The Beast of Bodmin
- A cheese (a nettle-wrapped semi-hard cheese)
> England Quiz
> Yorkshire Quiz
Thank you for printing these quiz questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.