- Which breed of Ridgeback was developed in Africa?
- Which common physical characteristic does the chow share with giraffes, polar bears, and Jersey cattle?
- Which toy dog breed is also known as the Chrysanthemum Dog?
- Which small breed of domestic dog is also known as the Frenchie?
- Which dog, bred from the old English bulldog and Bullenbeisser, was originally used for bear baiting?
- Which dog breed, the largest of the terrier breeds, is traditionally called the 'King of Terriers'?
- First bred in Germany as a water dog, which dog is the national dog of France?
- Which breed of dog, also known as the Lion Dog, is known for its snoring?
- Which toy dog breed's name when translated means 'curly lap dog'?
- What breed of dog is Snoopy?
- The Great St. Bernard Pass is the third highest road pass in which country?
- What was the name of the dog act that won Britain's Got Talent in 2015?
- What name is given to a crossbreed dog with beagle and pug parents?
- What was the poetical name of the dog in the animated television series Jamie and the Magic Torch?
- Since 1991, the dog show Crufts has been held in which British city?
- Rhodesian Ridgeback (a Ridgeback has hair that runs along its back in the opposite direction to the rest of its coat)
- A black tongue
- Shih Tzu
- The French Bulldog
- Airedale Terrier
- Poodle ('poodle' derives from the German word for 'puddle')
- Bichon Frise
- A beagle
- Jules and Matisse
- What was the most famous film role played by 'Terry the Cairn terrier'?
- In the book The Intelligence of Dogs which dog breed is considered the second most intelligent after the Border Collie?
- Which novel's central character is a dog named Buck?
- With which comedian would you associate the St Bernard dog, Schnorbitz?
- What breed of dog was Waldi, the first officially named Olympic mascot, and mascot of the 1972 Munich Olympics?
- True or false. Dogs’ only sweat glands are in their paw pads?
- The Chihuahua was named after a state in which country?
- Which breed of dog is known as the 'African barkless dog'?
- What breed of dog was Scooby-Doo?
- Name the dog racing track in Manchester famous for the very first British greyhound race around an oval track?
- Name the world famous registry of purebred dog pedigrees in the United States?
- Which well known breed of dog is a playing piece in Monopoly?
- What name is given to the crossbred dog created with Labrador Retriever and Poodle parents?
- Which breed is known as 'the poor man's racehorse'?
- Toto (in The Wizard of Oz)
- The Call of the Wild
- Bernie Winters
- Great Dane
- Belle Vue Stadium
- The American Kennel Club
- Scottish Terrier
Dog Quiz III
- What is the translation of the Latin phrase cave canem?
- With which British city would you associate Greyfriars Bobby?
- What unfortunate name did Lord Grantham’s yellow Labrador have in the period drama Downton Abbey?
- Which member of the famous five was owner of the dog Timmy: (a)Julian, (b)Dick, (c)George, or (d)Anne?
- Which dog breed are famous for being a favourite of Queen Elizabeth II?
- Which breed of dog is also called the Continental Toy Spaniel?
- Name the dog, occasionally referred to as Butch or Bulldog, in the Tom and Jerry cartoon series?
- Name the dog that won his trainer Ashleigh Butler, Britain's Got Talent in 2012?
- By registered ownership, what is the most popular breed of dog in the world?
- Which dog breed are born with a defect in their kidneys and livers that make them most susceptible to gout?
- Beware of the Dog
- Pembroke Welsh Corgis
> Cat Quiz
Thank you for printing this dog quiz. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.