Film Quiz 7 |
Film Quiz 6 |
Film Quiz 5 |
Film Quiz 4 |
Film Quiz 3 |
Film Directors |
Film Quiz 1 |
Film Quiz I: test your film knowledge
- From 1934 to 1960, Juvenile Oscars were awarded by the Accademy Awards for performers under the age of eighteen. Which 6-year-old won the first, for her work in 1934 and who won the last just one day shy of her 15th birthday, for her performance in a 1960 film?
- Randle McMurphy is the central character in which 1975 film?
- For his deadpan expression, who earned the nickname "The Great Stone Face"?
- If Ronny Cox played Drew Ballinger, which actor played Bobby Trippe?
- The short story "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale" by American writer Philip K. Dick was adapted into which 1990 film?
- The 1988 movie Gorillas in the Mist tells the true story of Dian Fossey's work with mountain gorillas in which country?
- What was the best known signature tune of child actress Shirley Temple?
- Who played (past his prime) professional wrestler Randy "The Ram" Robinson?
- Which Austrian-born American film actress was also a successful inventor who developed a radio guidance system for torpedoes?
- What was the last name of Jack, who was given an Honorary Oscar in 2000 for being the "master of light and colour"?
- Barbara Bach played the Bond girl Anya Amasova in which 1977 James Bond film?
- What's the first name of the banker convicted of murdering his wife and her lover in the Shawshank Redemption?
- HandMade Films was formed by former Beatle George Harrison in 1978 to finance the making of which movie?
- What's the name of the ramshackle supply launch steamer owned by hard drinking Charlie Allnut?
- Which actress plays Carrie's assistant in the 2008 romantic comedy movie Sex and the City?
- Which director won two Academy Awards for his work on Brokeback Mountain and Life of Pi?
- Katniss Everdeen is a fictional character in which series of films?
- Much of Brief Encounter was shot at Carnforth railway station in Lancashire, but which well known name makes the station announcements in the film?
- "New York, New York" is a song from the 1944 musical?
- Which actor cemented his status as the globe’s premier sex symbol with a naked centrefold in a 1972 edition of the magazine Cosmopolitan?
- Which film has the alternative title How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb?
- Can you name the two movies with the shortest titles to have won an Oscar for Best Picture? (Hint: both have 4 letters)
- Who played the ruthless Sir Guy of Gisbourne in the 1938 film The Adventures of Robin Hood?
- Which 2017 film was inspired by director Guillermo del Toro's childhood memories of seeing Creature from the Black Lagoon?
- Who played Sir Winston Churchill in the 2010 British historical drama The King's Speech?
- In the Henry Fonda quote, "Next to Clint Eastwood's father, he personally had done more for 'Clint Eastwood' than anyone else", who is Fonda talking about?
- Shirley Temple (1934) and Hayley Mills (1960, for Pollyanna)
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
- Buster Keaton
- Ned Beatty ( the film was Deliverence)
- Total Recall
- "On the Good Ship Lollipop" ("Animal Crackers In My Soup" was associated with here, but not considered to be her signature tune)
- Mickey Rourke (in The Wrestler)
- Hedy Lamarr
- Jack Cardiff
- The Spy Who Loved Me
- Andy (Dufresne)
- The Life of Brian (or Monty Python's Life of Brian)
- The African Queen
- Jennifer Hudson
- Ang Lee
- The Hunger Games
- Noel Coward
- On the Town
- Burt Reynolds
- Dr. Strangelove
- Gigi (1959) and Argo (2012)
- Basil Rathbone
- The Shape of Water
- Timothy Spall
- Director Sergio Leone