Welcome to our Fruit Quiz Questions and Trivia
Back to our main food quizzes page.
Fruit Quiz I
- Which fruit has the most fat content?
- The name of William Cavendish, 6th Duke of Devonshire, is associated with which fruit?
- Which fruit is infamous for causing dangerous reactions with some prescription medications?
- Pomme is the French word for which fruit?
- Which fruit is also known as a love apple?
- By what name is a Chinese gooseberry better known?
- Which cherries are usualy found on the end of cocktail sticks giving them the nickname 'cocktail cherries'?
- Which fruit is the cross between a blackberry and red raspberry? Too easy? Then also name the berry that is a cross between the European raspberry, European blackberry, American dewberry and the loganberry?
- Anjou, Bartlett and Comice are varieties of which fruit?
- Which apple, a favourite ingredient in many puddings, is the most widely sold cooking apple in the UK?
- The orange is a hybrid between the mandarin and which other citrus fruit?
- Which fruit is originally believed to have been a hybrid formed from the grapefruit, Seville orange, and the tangerine?
- A 'pluot' is the combination of the plum and which fruit?
- The Flower of Kent is associated with which famous historical chap?
- The main supermarket varieties of which fruit are Sonata and Elsanta?
- Kumquats resemble small versions of which fruit?
- The banana (Cavendish banana)
- Kiwi fruit
- Maraschino cherry
- Loganberry. And the boysenberry.
- Ugli fruit
- Isaac Newton (believed to be the variety of falling apple that inspired Newton)
Fruit Quiz II
- Which fruit is produced by large herbaceous flowering plants of the genus Musa?
- The scientific name for which fruit is Ananas comosus, meaning 'excellent fruit'? And what about Ribes nigrum?
- A is a greengage a type of what fruit?
- What type of melon is also known as a rock melon?
- Which hybrid of a sweet orange and mandarin orange got its name in 1902?
- 'Pink...' what, is a common type of supermarket apple?
- In botany, starting with the letter 'd' what is the name given to a stone fruit?
- Which nickname was originally given to British sailors because of the use of a certain scurvey preventing fruit?
- Which hybrid citrus fruit is the cross between a grapefruit and an orange?
- The peach tree bears two types of edible juicy fruit, the peach is one, name the other?
- Which fruit comes in a common supermarket variety known as 'Eureka' or 'Four Seasons'?
- Which fruit is also known as the alligator pear?
- Which edible fruit is also the name of a British housebuilding company?
- The carambola has distinctive ridges running down its sides, by what other name is this fruit known?
- Which cross between a blackberry and a red raspberry originated in Scotland in 1979 and was named after a river?
- Pineapple. Blackcurrant (the name of the drink Ribena is derived from the scientific name for blackcurrant).
- Pink Lady
Thank you for printing these fruit questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great food quiz questions and answers.