Welcome to our Food and Drink Quizzes Page
Food Quiz Questions
- What are coquille Saint-Jacques?
- Maratelli, from northern Italy, is a variety of which food product?
- What is allium sativum commonly known as?
- Yellow Tail wine is a product of which country?
- Name the Spanish soup, part of Andalusian cuisine, made of raw vegetables and served cold?
- Which cheese, developed by Allan and Jenny Gray, is matured by wrapping in nettle leaves?
- What sort of tarts are used in the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang by the child catcher to tempt the children?
- Which meat substitute product derives its name from a village in Leicestershire?
- Raisens are a dried variety of which fruit?
- In French cuisine, what are often called the 'Diamonds of Perigord'?
- Name the type of melon found most commonly in shops other than cantaloupe and watermelon?
- Paprika is especially associated with the cuisine of which European country?
- Cornish Yarg (Yarg is Gray backwards)
- Treacle tarts
- Black truffles
Food Quiz Questions
- Which two word term, coined in 1988, uses many technical innovations from science?
- What name is given to a prosecco wine which is fully sparkling?
- With a dry nutty taste which drink is branded as 'The One and Only!'?
- Which traditional Welsh bread is sometimes known as 'speckled bread'?
- Which fish is normally used in a stargazy pie?
- 'Mrs. Balls' is brand name associated with which food product?
- Which instant mash potato was advertised by Martians laughing at humans who 'still prepared mash potato the traditional way'?
- What sort of dish in Chinese cuisine is fu yung?
- Meaning 'half moon' in Italian, what name is given to the curved blade with a handle on each end often used in cookery for chopping herbs?
- 'Hokey pokey' was a popular treat sold by street vendors in the 1800s, by what name is it known today?
- O'Henry, Elegant Lady, and Springcrest are varieties of which fruit?
- How is Phyllis Nan Sortain Pechey better known?
- Molecular gastronomy
- Newcastle Brown Ale (Interesting fact: in 2000 'Ale' was removed from the front label, but re-instated in 2004)
- Bara brith
- Pilchards (also accept sardines)
- An omelette dish
- Ice cream
- Fanny Cradock
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.