Food and Drink Quizzes Page
Questions for foodies...
Food Quiz 2
Food Quiz 3
Food and Drink Quiz I
- The culinary name calamari indicates a dish made from which food?
- What type of food is paneer?
- Which type of food interests a mycophagist?
- Name the traditional Louisiana rice dish seasoned and highly flavoured with sausage, ham, seafood, and pork or chicken?
- Which one of the five basic tastes starts with the letter 'u'?
- What are coeliacs allergic to?
- What name is given to Irish potato pancakes that contain a mixture of mashed and grated potatoes?
- Which musician would often sign his letters 'Red Beans and Ricely Yours'?
- What type of food is a Laura, Melody, and Kerr's Pink?
- What is the more common name for the flatbread also known as roti?
- Which Canadian dish is made with French fries and cheese curds topped with a light brown gravy?
- Which simple kitchen tool, used since ancient times, is used to crush and grind ingredients into a fine powder or paste?
- What type of soup is made with a calf's head, seasonings and Madeira wine?
- Agar-agar is a jelly obtained by boiling several kinds of what edible food stuff together?
- Fondue is a national dish of which country?
- A fresh cheese common in South Asian cuisine
- Umami (five basic tastes are sourness, sweetness, saltiness, bitterness, and umami)
- Louis Armstrong
- Pestle and mortar
- Mock Turtle soup
Food and Drink Quiz II
- What food is a Bratwurst?
- An amandine dish is garnished with what?
- Which restaurant opposite the Ambassadors theatre in London did A. A. Gill write a book about in 1979?
- What did Frenchman Hippolyte Mege-Mouries create in 1869 for the lower classes and armed forces?
- Which polyunsaturated fatty acids are contained in fish oil?
- What's the main ingredient of rogan josh?
- Name either of the two main types of commercial coffee bean?
- What do North American's call an aubergine?
- What are the two ingredients of a ganache sauce or filling?
- Lyonnaise means cooked with what?
- Which ice cream, normally low in fat and high in sugar, comes from the Italian word for frozen?
- Bourbon whiskey distilleries are mainly associated with which American state?
- Mashed what, is the main ingredient of hummus?
- A cake made with a 1:1:1:1 weight ratio of flour, eggs, butter and sugar is sometimes referred to as what sort of cake?
- What name is given to the square sausage served in traditional Scottish breakfasts?
- A German sausage
- The Ivy
- Arabica and Robusta
- Chocolate and cream
- A pound cake
- Lorne sausage
Thank you for printing these food and drink quiz questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.