General Knowledge Quizzes and Answers
Visit our main General Knowledge Quiz page.
- What are the three first words of the United States Constitution?
- Which animals comes in two breeds, Suri and Huacaya, are similar but smaller than llamas, and are bred specifically for their fiber?
- French novelist Pierre Boulle was best known for two books that were both made into films, the Planet of the Apes was one, can you name the other? (Hint: it won an Academy Award for Best Picture)
- Name the famous golf club and health resort in Virginia Water, Surrey?
- In which form of boules is the goal to toss or roll hollow steel balls as close as possible to a small wooden ball called a cochonnet?
- How old was Hitler when he committed suicide: (a)53, (b)56, (c)59, or (d)62?
- Which Germanic language is the historical language of the Ashkenazi Jews?
- What is sometimes referred to as La Gioconda?
- The most common cause of rickets is a deficiency of which vitamin?
- Which French daily newspaper takes its name from a 1778 play by Pierre Beaumarchais?
- What word is given to the round left over particle created when a punch hole is made in paper and is also the name of a country in Africa?
- Postman Pat lives in which fictional village?
- Which slang phrase, to mean "nothing at all", do we get from the name of a young English girl who was murdered by Frederick Baker in Alton, Hampshire, in 1867?
- What was the last ever battle to be fought on British soil?
- Which inventor founded the University of Pennsylvania?
- According to the bible, it is easier for what to go through the eye of the needle, 'than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God'?
- The Hajj is an annual pilgrimage to which city?
- What sort of theory, prominent in the 1950s to the 1980s, suggested that if one country in a region came under the influence of communism, then the surrounding countries would follow?
- Which pompous and stereotypically British cartoon character was first drawn for the London Evening Standard in 1934 by cartoonist David Low?
- What would you normally find in an arboretum?
- Which archvillain, with the rank of general, was played by Terence Stamp in Superman II?
- We The People
- The Bridge over the River Kwai
- Monna Lisa painting
- Vitamin D
- Le Figaro (from the play Le Mariage de Figaro)
- Sweet Fanny Adams
- Culloden (1746)
- President Benjamin Franklin
- A camel
- Domino theory
- Colonel Blimp
- General Zod
Thank you for printing our general knowledge quiz questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great general knowledge.