Welcome to our Geography Quizzes Page 1
Geography Quizzes and Answers
- Paricutin is often considered one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World - what is it? And in which country is it?
- Which African city opened an underground metro system in 2011?
- Name the the largest island in Asia?
- Name the strait between the Gulf of Oman and the Persian Gulf?
- In 1311, which British cathedral became the world's tallest structure (the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt had previously held the record for nearly 4000 years)?
- Which Italian city is home to the first and oldest (founded in 1088) university in the world?
- Which country in the Horn of Africa has the capital Asmara?
- Name the highest capital in the world?
- The Mont Blanc Tunnel links which two countries?
- Which river runs through the capital of Afghanistan, Kabul?
- In the USA, 'the Twin Cities' usually refers to which two cities?
- In which continent is Greenland?
- Name the most famous historic bridge to cross the Vltava river?
- Chester-le-Street is a town in which English county?
- A volcano in Mexico
- Algiers (it's just 8.4 miles long) Note: previously Cairo was the only city in Africa to have an undergound transport system
- The Strait of Hormuz
- La Paz
- Italy and France
- The Kabul River
- Minneapolis and Saint Paul
- North America
- Charles Bridge (in Prague)
- County Durham
Geography Quiz II
- Name the second-largest island in the Mediterranean Sea?
- Scottish cartographer John George Bartholomew is credited with naming which continent?
- Which city on the river Pegnitz is the second-largest city in Bavaria?
- How many national parks are there in Wales?
- Ceuta is a Spanish enclave sharing a border with which country?
- Which island is the most northerly of the Channel Islands?
- How many cantons make up Switzerland?
- Burj Khalifa is a skyscraper in which city?
- Which city was the imperial capital of Japan before Tokyo?
- Which country has the lowest population density of any country in Europe?
- Antarctica (he used the term in 1890)
- 3 (Snowdonia (est. 1951), Pembrokeshire Coast (1952), and Brecon Beacons (1957))
- In which county is the market town of Bury St Edmunds?
- Which European capital is located on the banks of the River Pedieos?
- Angkor Wat, the largest religious monument in the world, is in which country?
- Which African mainland country lies to the west of Madagascar?
- What is the official language of New Caledonia in the southwest Pacific Ocean?
- Cape Cod is a geographic cape and peninsula in which American state?
- The Cliffs of Moher are located in which European country?
- Name Poland's longest river?
- Which strait passes between the Gulf of Oman and the Persian Gulf?
- Which Asian city is known for its historical landmarks such as The Bund, City God Temple and Yu Garden?
- Strait of Hormuz
Thank you for printing these geography quiz questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.