Welcome to our Geography Trivia Page
Geography trivia questions and answers
Trivia Questions I
- Aneto is the highest mountain in which mountain range?
- The Baltic People come from which two modern countries?
- Name the only city on the River Wye?
- Japan is composed of 6,852 islands; name the largest?
- Naypyidaw is the capital city of which country?
- Which river flows through the Italian city of Florence?
- Which city in was Saskatchewan was renamed in 1882 in honour of Queen Victoria?
- Sarajevo is the capital of which country?
- Which motorway is also called the Manchester Orbital?
- Which country’s flag includes a cedar tree?
- Name the only two landlocked countries in South America?
- Continental USA has four time zones; how many are there in China?
- Latvia and Lithuania
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bolivia and Paraguay
Geography Trivia II
- What name is given to peaks in Scotland that are between 2,500 and 3,000 feet high?
- Chipping Norton, Moreton-in-Marsh and Stow-on-the-Wold are towns in which rural area?
- Name the fourth-longest river in Africa (it's also the largest flowing into the Indian Ocean from Africa)?
- In which country is the Dasht-e Lut desert?
- Which New Zealand city is named after the Scottish Gaelic name for Edinburgh?
- Which two American states donated land to form the federal district of Washington, D.C.?
- Name the only city centre in Europe with no cars?
- Bodmin Moor is a granite moorland in which English county?
- Which European country is often called 'the hexagon' because of its six sided shape?
- Which capital city has a population of nearly 40 million?
- In which country would you find the Great Dividing Range?
- Name the only country in South America where English is the official language?
- Name the only city that is in two continents?
- What's the world's fourth most populated country?
- Libreville is the capital city of which country?
- The 'jeepney' - a taxi converted from am army jeep - is the mainstay of which country's transport system?
- Corbetts (Munros are over 3,000ft)
- The Cotswolds
- Maryland and Virginia
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.