Welcome to our Hard Trivia Page
Back to our
Hard Quizzes main page
Hard trivia questions and answers
- Which Spanish city was European Capital of Culture in 2016?
- Who wrote the book No Cross, No Crown in 1669 whilst imprisoned in the Tower of London?
- Which Victorian is famous for cultivating the Cavendish banana, the most consumed banana in the western world?
- Name the capital city of the Faroe Islands?
- Graca Machel is the widow of former South African president Nelson Mandela, what is her original nationality?
- Which American President signed the National Aeronautics and Space Act, establishing NASA?
- The word 'OK' achieved prominence in 1840, it was short for 'Old Kinderhook', the nickname for which Democratic presidential candidate?
- The Glasgow Tower holds the Guinness World Record for being the tallest tower in the world to be able to do what?
- From a famous Robert Frost quote, what is 'a vertical expression of a horizontal desire'?
- What was founded in 1953 by Chad Varah?
- What street does Spongebob Squarepants live on?
- Who wrote the original tale of Goldilocks and the Three Bears?
- Marilyn Monroe sang 'Happy Birthday, Mr. President' celebrating President Kennedy's birthday; becoming what age was he celebrating
- In which London borough were Alan Sugar, Eric Bristow and actor Ray Winstone all born?
- On what scale does a zero mean a person is exclusively heterosexual and a six a person is exclusively homosexual?
- San Sebastian
- William Penn
- Sir Joseph Paxton (Victorian architect best known for designing the Crystal Palace)
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Martin Van Buren
- Rotate 360 degrees
- The Samaritans charity
- Conch Street
- Robert Southey
- The Kinsey scale
- Who is played in the 2004 BBC TV movie Hawking by Tom Ward and in the 2014 movie The Theory of Everything by Christian McKay?
- Who was the wife of Leofric, Earl of Mercia?
- The Mekon, a super-intelligent ruler of the Treens, was whose archenemy?
- In which European city was escapologist Harry Houdini born?
- The Annual Golden Spurtle is the World Championships in making what?
- What does the word 'gnosis' mean in Greek?
- George Hudson proposed DST in 1895, what is it?
- Who once said : 'Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative'?
- Guldize is the harvest festival of people living in what part of Britain?
- To an Australian, what is an 'esky'?
- What nickname links Sioux war chief Crazy Horse and one of the Three Stooges?
- Flying Fish Cove is the main settlement on which island?
- Which mineral has a hardness of nine on Mohs scale?
- Alliumphobia is the fear of which food?
- Joseph Aspdin, a bricklayer's son, obtained the patent for what on 21st of October 1824?
- Roger Penrose
- Lady Godiva
- Dan Dare's
- Daylight Saving Time
- Maurice Chevalier
- Portable cooler or ice box
- Christmas Island
- Portland cement
More difficult quizzes...
> Hard Quiz Questions
Thank you for printing these hard questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.