Welcome to our Holiday Quiz Page
Holiday Quiz Questions and Answers
- Which Christian feast day celebrates the revelation of God incarnate as Jesus Christ?
- Which Indian public holiday is also known as the Hindu festival of lights?
- In which month is the American federal holiday Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebrated?
- Australia Day is celebrated the day after Scotland's Burns Night - what date is Australia day?
- Name the secular festival observed by many African Americans in late December as a celebration of their cultural heritage?
- Which name is given by English-speaking countries to the French National Day celebrated on the 14th of July?
- Golden Week is a week from the 29th of April to early May containing a number of holidays in which country?
- Tynwald Day is a public holiday celebrated in which part of the world?
- In the UK, the 14th of November 1973 was made a special bank holiday to celebrate which occasion?
- Which public holiday in the United States is celebrated on the first Monday in September?
- In 1995, the British May Bank Holiday was moved to the 8th of May to celebrate which occasion?
- Which religious holiday, celebrated by Muslims, marks the end of Ramadan?
- Which term, French for 'Fat Tuesday', refers to a Carnival celebration?
- By what seasonal name is Chinese New Year known by in modern China?
- Which Buddhist holiday commemorates the day that the historical Buddha experienced enlightenment?
- What is celebrated on the second Monday in March by a multi-faith service in Westminster Abbey and a public holiday in Gibraltar?
- Anzac Day, a holiday to honour the members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps, was originally to honour the men who thought in which World War One campaign?
- Which festival is observed by the kindling of the lights on the nine-branched menorah?
- The event of October 12, 1492, is now celebrated in the United States by which public holiday?
- Give the dates of the following British patron saint days: (a) St. Patrick's Day, (b) St. Andrew's Day, (c) St. David's Day, and (d)St. George's Day?
- January (third Monday of January - King's birthday is on January 15)
- 26th January
- Bastille Day
- Isle of Man
- The wedding of Princess Anne and Mark Phillips
- Labor Day
- 50th anniversary of VE Day
- Eid al-Fitr
- Mardi Gras
- Spring Festival
- Bodhi Day
- Commonwealth Day
- Hanukkah (a menorah is a unique candelabrum)
- Columbus Day
- (a) 17 March, (b) 30 November, (c) 1 March, and (d) 23 April
Related holiday links...
> Christmas Quiz
> Halloween Quiz Questions
> Thanksgiving Quiz