Horror Trivia and Quizzes
- What name is given to the 'woman of the fairy mound', a spirit in Irish mythology which heralds the death of a family member?
- Which book features the fictional Overlook Hotel located in the Colorado Rockies?
- The 1971 horror film Countess Dracula is based on the legends of which historical character?
- Which book features the house at 112 Ocean Avenue?
- In the world of horror, what is a lycanthrope?
- Give the surnames of the following fictional film characters: (a)Carrie (Carrie), (b)Damien (The Omen), and (c)The Invicible Man (by H.G. Wells)?
- Name the artist of The Triumph of Death which features an army of skeletons attacking both royalty and peasants?
- Leatherface is a character in which horror-film series?
- In which street did the Addams family live? And which actor played Uncle Fester in the 1960s TV series?
- Give the first name of the title character in Mary Shelley's 1818 novel Frankenstein?
- In 1994, which legend do three students try to film in the Black Hills of Maryland?
- Which seaside town is associated with the horror novel Dracula? And name the fictional Russian ship carrying Dracula that washes ashore there?
- What is kinemortophobia the fear of?
- Which 2005 British made horror film follows six women potholers that are hunted by flesh-eating subterranean humanoids in a cave system they explore?
- What is nyctophobia the fear of?
- The Shining (by Stephen King)
- Elizabeth Bathory
- The Amityville Horror
- (a)Carrie White, (b)Damien Thorn, and (c)Dr. Griffin
- Pieter Bruegel the Elder
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- (0001) Cemetery Lane. Jackie Coogan.
- The Blair Witch
- Whitby. Demeter.
- The Descent
- The dark or night
- Which film sees Carol Anne fixating on a television screen that's transmitting a static signal?
- What four actions or events do The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse symbolize?
- What is the Scottish name for the shape-shifting water spirit inhabiting the lochs of Scotland?
- Which fictional character, also the subject of an award–winning Broadway musical, first appeared as the main villain of the Victorian penny dreadful The String of Pearls?
- Chucky is the title character of the which horror film series
- What is the very ordinary sounding name of The Phantom of the Opera?
- In legend, name the most famous ghost ship condemned forever to sail the high seas?
- Clarice Starling is a fictional character created by which author?
- Which American wrote the poem 'The Haunted Palace'?
- How is John Kramer better known?
- What is Norman Bates' hobby in the 1960 film Psycho?
- Michael Myers is a fictional character in which series of films?
- Who wrote the play on which the 1941 English mystery thriller Ghost Train is based on?
- Which American science-fiction, fantasy and horror television series was created by Rod Serling in 1959?
- Who wrote the following horror novels: (a)Rosemary's Baby, (b)The Exorcist, (c)Psycho, and (d)House of Leaves?
- Poltergeist (1982)
- Conquest or Pestilence, War, Famine, and Death
- Sweeney Todd
- Child's Play
- The Flying Dutchman
- Thomas Harris (in the novels The Silence of the Lambs, and Hannibal)
- Edgar Allan Poe (more famous for his poem, The Raven)
- The Jigsaw Killer (or simply Jigsaw)
- Arnold Ridley
- The Twilight Zone
- (a)Ira Levin, (b)William Peter Blatty, (c)Robert Bloch, and (d)Mark Z. Danielewski
> Halloween Quiz Questions
Thank you for printing our horror trivia. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.