Welcome to our Japan Quiz Page
Japan Quizzes and Answers
Japan Quiz Questions
- Name the largest and most populated Japanese island?
- What is the Japanese name for Japan?
- By what name was Emperor of Japan who reigned for over 62 years until his death in 1989 best known?
- Name the longest (and widest) river in Japan?
- Which city, host of the 1972 Winter Olympics, is also the largest on the island of Hokkaido?
- Which company's slogans have included 'be moved', 'make believe', and 'like no other'?
- In Japanese culture, what is a katana?
- What is the population of Japan: (a)87 million, (b)107 million, or (c)127 million?
- Which sixth-largest city in Japan shares its name with the first name of a retired American basketball player?
- What are the two main religions of Japan?
- Which Japanese mountaineer was the first woman to reach the summit of Mount Everest?
- Popular in Japan, what are manga?
- What 'gentle way' was created by Jigoro Kanoin, in 1882?
- In which city is the 'Temple of the Golden Pavilion' (or Kinkaku-ji), one of Japan's biggest tourist attractions?
- Which flower is a symbol of the Emperor and the Imperial family?
- Honshu (Honshu means 'main island')
- Nippon or Hihon
- The Shinano River
- It's a traditional Japanes sword (others main types are the wakizashi and tachi)
- (c)127 million
- Kobe (and the basketball player is Kobe Bryant)
- Shinto and Buddhism (52% Shinto, 35% Buddhism, 4% Shinto sects, 2.5% Christianity)
- Junko Tabei
- Japanese comic books
- Judo (the translation of judo is 'gentle way')
Japan Quiz Questions
- What name was given to the military dictators of Japan between 1185 to 1868?
- Name the sea straight between Honshu and Hokkaido?
- Can you name the world famous upscale shopping area in Tokyo?
- Tokyo International Airport is commonly known by what name?
- According to UNESCO, what has 'inspired artists and poets and been the object of pilgrimage for centuries'?
- What is the name of Japan's national parliament?
- Which sport in Japan is the most popular in terms of television ratings and spectators?
- What is commonly known as Hinomaru?
- What is chankonabe?
- Which former Imperial capital is an anagram of today's modern capital?
- Hanami is the centuries-old tradition of picnicking under a sakura tree; by what name would we know this tree?
- Which city gained publicity around the world and in the USA in 2008, since it had the same name as a certain politician?
- Which Japanese word literally means 'Northern Sea Circuit'?
- Which Japanese art form translates to 'tray planting'? Another popular (but very different) pastime is 'karaoke', what does it literally mean in English?
- The name of which Japanese multinational corporation is also the second most common last name in Japan?
- The Tsugaru Strait
- Haneda Airport
- Mount Fuji (Japan's highest mountain)
- Baseball (although sumo wrestling is the national sport)
- The Japanese flag
- A traditional stew eaten by sumo wrestlers
- Cherry blossom tree
- Hokkaido (which is Japan's second largest island)
- Bonsai. And karaoke means 'empty orchestra'.
> Asia Quiz
> China Facts
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.