Welcome to our New York Quizzes Page
New York Quiz Questions and Answers
Quiz Questions I
- Which Art Deco-style skyscraper was the world's tallest building for 11 months before it was surpassed by the Empire State Building in 1931?
- Which of New York City's five boroughs is home to JFK International Airport and LaGuardia Airport?
- Which luxury hotel at 301 Park Avenue in Midtown Manhattan, is a 47-story Art Deco landmark completed in 1931?
- Which neighborhood on the west side of Lower Manhattan has been known as the Bohemian capital, an artists' haven, and the cradle of the modern LGBT movement?
- What has been referred to as 'the Center of the Universe', 'the Crossroads of the World', and 'the heart of The Great White Way'?
- Queens was named after the wife of which English king?
- Which art museum is the largest in the United States?
- Which salt water tidal estuary separates the borough of Queens on Long Island from the Bronx on the mainland?
- Which of New York City's five boroughs is the most populated?
- Which stadium was home to the New York Mets from 1964 to 2008, and the New York Jets football team from 1964 to 1983?
- Which newspaper, established by Alexander Hamilton in 1803, is the longest-running newspaper in America?
- Which NYC zoo is the largest city zoo in the United States?
- What is the name of the 1.45 mile long park created on an elevated section of a disused New York Central Railroad spur called the West Side Line?
- Whats is MoMA PS1 dedicated to promoting and supporting?
- Which free passenger ferry shuttle service runs 24/7 between Manhattan and Staten Island?
- The Chrysler Building
- Waldorf Astoria New York
- Greenwich Village
- Times Square
- Charles II (Catherine of Braganza)
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art (or 'the Met')
- The East River (note: despite its name it isn't actually a river!)
- Shea Stadium
- The New York Post
- The Bronx Zoo
- The High Line
- Contemporary art
- The Staten Island Ferry
New York Quiz Questions II
- Who became mayor of New York City in January 2014?
- Who was born Allan Stewart Konigsberg on December 1, 1935, in Brooklyn?
- Which wedge-shaped 22-story landmarked building is located at 175 Fifth Avenue?
- Which park located in the northeast corner of the Bronx is the largest public park in New York City?
- Until 1954, which island in New York Bay housed an immigrant inspection station for over sixty years?
- Which public park in Queens is host to the annual U.S. Open tennis tournament?
- Which part of the Lower Bay in the southwestern part of Brooklyn is the site of amusement parks and a famous seaside resort?
- Which skyscraper completed in 1913, an early example of Gothic Revival architecture, was for 17 years the world's tallest building?
- Name the private Ivy League research university (established in 1754) in Upper Manhattan?
- Which department store has conducted the annual New York City Thanksgiving Day Parade since 1924?
- Which long street in the Financial District of Lower Manhattan has become a metonym for the financial markets of the United States as a whole?
- The Statue of Liberty is situated on which island in New York Harbor?
- Which large complex of high-rise commercial buildings in Midtown Manhattan is famous for its annual Christmas tree?
- Which play is the longest running play of all time on Broadway?
- Which neighborhood in Brooklyn shares its name with a 1941 Walt Disney film?
- Bill de Blasio
- Woody Allen
- The Flatiron Building
- Pelham Park
- Ellis Island
- Flushing Meadows-Corona Park (or just Flushing Meadows)
- Coney Island
- The Woolworth Building
- Columbia University
- Wall Street
- Liberty Island
- Rockefeller Center
- The Phantom of the Opera
- Dumbo (short for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass)
More USA trivia and quizzes...
> American Quiz Questions
> American States Quiz
> California Quiz
Thank you for printing our 'New York Quiz'. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.