Back to the politics main page: Politics Quiz Questions
All the questions in this politics quiz are on British politics unless stated.
Politics Quiz Questions I
- Which former editor of The Sunday Times was, as of 2017, presenter of the BBC politics show This Week?
- Sarah Palin was governor of which U.S. state from 2006 until her resignation in 2009?
- Which female politician has served as Secretary of State for Education since 2016 and MP for Putney since 2005?
- Which American politician was shot down over Hanoi in October 1967 and captured by the North Vietnamese?
- Rodrigo Duterte became president of which country in 2016?
- Which female politician was Prime Minister of Australia from 2010 to 2013?
- On July 21, wno announced his intention to resign as White House Press Secretary?
- Who resigned as Liberal Democrat leader in 2017? And who was officially announced as the new leader?
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan came to power in 2002 in which country?
- Which once box-office star was a former American ambassador to Ghana and to Czechoslovakia?
- Which Labour Party politician was, from 1996 to 2008, owner of the New Statesman political magazine?
- Who was the first prime minister to live in Downing Street?
- The Storting is a parliament in which European city?
- Which Prime Minister was mostly remembered for the 'Winter of Discontent'?
- What is Theresa May's maiden name?
- Andrew Neil
- Justine Greening
- John McCain
- Julia Gillard
- Sean Spicer
- Tim Farron. The new leader is Vince Cable.
- Shirley Temple
- Geoffrey Robinson
- Robert Walpole
- James Callaghan
Politics Quiz Questions II
- 'Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac', is attributed to which politician?
- The Vale of Leven in Scotland, Chopwell in England and Maerdy in Wales have all been labelled which term to signify that their populations hold extreme left-wing political views?
- As of 2014, how many MPs are there in the House of Commons?
- With little diplomatic experience Peter Jay was made British Ambassador to the U.S. in 1976, who was his father-in-law?
- In 1973, which American Vice President resigned office?
- Boris Johnson became the Conservative candidate for Henley due to which MP's retirement in 2001?
- Who declined the offer to become Israel’s second President in 1952?
- Which country's parliament is the oldest still acting parliament in the world?
- Which political party did Britain's first Prime Minister Sir Robert Walpole belong to?
- Who was J. F. Kennedy's vice president?
- Which American state was Ronald Reagan governor of before becoming President?
- Former Labour leader Neil Kinnock's son, Stephen, is married to the former prime minister of which country?
- Who became the first female Speaker of the House of Commons in 1992?
- What middle name is shared by both William Hague and Bill Clinton?
- Which MP was the main architect of the British National Health Service?
- Henry Kissinger
- Little Moscow
- James Callaghan
- Spiro Agnew
- Michael Heseltine
- Albert Einstein
- Iceland's (the Althing)
- Lyndon B. Johnson
- Betty Boothroyd
- Aneurin Bevan
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.