Radio Quiz Questions and Answers
- Which private investigator and special agent was the star of the BBC's first daily radio series?
- The UK Shipping Forecast is broadcast on which radio station?
- Who was BBC Radio One's first female presenter?
- Rickie, Melvin & Charlie can be listened to at breakfast time on which radio station?
- In 'The Goon Show' Spike Milligan would often mutter which word repeatedly during crowd scenes?
- Choral Evensong and Composer of the Week feature on which British radio network?
- 'I'm rather worried about Jim...' was a catchphrase from the first significant BBC radio serial drama, can you remember it?
- Which 1954 radio drama, commissioned by the BBC, featured the inhabitants of the fictional small Welsh fishing village Llareggub? And why is Llareggub a witty name to chose for the village?
- The performing-rights organization Broadcast Music, Inc. ranked which song as the most-played on American radio and TV in the 20th century?
- Name the pub in the radio soap The Archers?
- Desert Island Discs is broadcast on which radio station? And, in keeping with the theme, what name is given to each week's guest?
- Which radio station has the slogan Turn up the Feel Good?
- Simon Mayo Drivetime is on which national radio station?
- Who was the first female host of The Radio 1 Breakfast Show?
- What does the abbreviation DAB stand for?
- Which radio station is the most popular in the United Kingdom?
- In 2006, who took over from Aled Jones to present Classic FM's Sunday Breakfast programme?
- What is the name of the Archers' family farm in radio soap The Archers?
- In 1978, Terry Wogan recorded a version of which song that describes an annual custom in Helston, Cornwall?
- Which episode of an American radio drama became famous for allegedly causing mass panic in 1938?
- What would you associate with Bush House, from 1941 to 2012?
- Which Peruvian Briton, who also received the Order of Merit of Peru, was a founding memmber of 'The Goon Show'?
- Dick Barton
- BBC Radio 4
- Annie Nightingale
- BBC Radio 3
- Mrs Dale's Diary
- Under Milk Wood (by Dylan Thomas). Llareggub is 'bugger all' backwards!
- You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- The Bull
- BBC Radio 4. Castaway.
- BBC Radio 2
- Zoe Ball
- Digital audio broadcasting
- BBC Radio 2
- Myleene Klass
- The Floral Dance
- War of the Worlds
- BBC World Service (headquarters)
- Michael Bentine
Related media trivia
Thank you for printing this radio quiz. Please do not forget to come back to freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quizzes.