Welcome to our Rock Music Quizzes Page
Rock Quiz Questions and Answers
- Which rock group launched the careers of guitarists Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck?
- Which single was David Bowie's second UK No. 1?
- Which American rock band are sometimes referred to as 'the Bad Boys from Boston'?
- In 1994, which artist staged the largest free music concert in history in Rio de Janeiro?
- Which 1997 song by Chumbawamba is also colloquially known as 'I Get Knocked Down'?
- Which American rock band has the signature songs Free Bird and Sweet Home Alabama?
- Which English rock/heavy metal band was formed in 1977 as Atomic Mass?
- American musician John Cameron Fogerty was the principal songwriter, lead singer and guitarist of which band?
- Piano Man was the first single released by which singer?
- Which rock band released the albums Paranoid in 1970 and Master of Reality in 1971?
- Wild Thing was written by Chip Taylor; who is Chip's famous brother? And the song is best known for its 1966 cover by which English rock band?
- Which rock band's tongue logo design was inspired by an Indian Hindu goddess?
- Radio presenter Paul Jones was lead singer of which successful 1960s group?
- Which band's ninth studio album, A Moon Shaped Pool, was released in May 2016?
- Female bass player and rock star Suzi Quatro had her first UK no. 1 with which song?
- Which band came to widespread public attention with their performance of Soul Sacrifice at Woodstock in 1969?
- The Yardbirds
- Ashes to Ashes (from the 1980 album Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) )
- Rod Stewart (played in front of 3.5 million people)
- Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Def Leppard
- Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Billy Joel
- Black Sabath
- Actor Jon Voight. The Troggs.
- The Rolling Stones
- Manfred Mann
- Can the Can
Rock Music Quiz II
- Ten is the 1991 debut studio album by which American rock band?
- British model Pattie Boyd inspired two of music's most famous men to write emotional songs about her; can you name both songs and the artists?
- Who is the first (and as of 2014) the only female artist to have top 5 albums in the British charts in five successive decades?
- Viva la Vida is a single by which British group?
- Which Rihanna single stayed at number one in the UK charts for 10 weeks in 2007?
- Whose 2013 world tour was called 'The Mrs Carter Show'?
- What was Madonna's first UK top ten single?
- Which Sheffield band is fronted by lead singer Alex Turner?
- Which group's best-known recording is the 1967 single A Whiter Shade of Pale?
- Which singer-songwriter from Sale released the album White Ladder in 1998?
- What's the last name of the only memeber of ZZ Top that doesn't wear a beard?
- Name the 1980 album by the Cure that was thirty-five minutes and twenty-four seconds longer than its title suggested?
- Which 1973 single by Sweet was the band's sole UK No. 1 hit?
- Two different acts, 22 years apart, have had number one hits with 'The Tide is High'; can you name both?
- 'I get up, and nothing gets me down' is the opening line to which rock single?
- Pearl Jam
- 'Something' by George Harrison, and 'Layla' by Eric Clapton
- Kate Bush
- Cold Play
- Arctic Monkeys
- Procol Harum
- David Gray
- Beard (his name is Frank Beard)
- Seventeen Seconds
- Block Buster!
- Blondie (1980) and Atomic Kitten (2002)
- Jump (by Van Halen)
Other musical quiz links:
> Music Quiz Questions
> Pop Quiz
Thank you for printing these rock music questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.