Welcome to our South Africa (SA) Quiz Questions Page
SA Quiz Questions I
- South Africa is often referred to as 'what sort of nation' which describes the country's multicultural diversity?
- The Palace of the Lost City is a luxurious hotel complex in which luxury resort?
- Five countries border South Africa, which four large countries make up these five?
- Table Mountain is a flat-topped mountain overlooking which city?
- President Nelson Mandela was imprisoned on which island for 18 years?
- What alternative name was often given to the South African Republic from 1852 to 1902?
- Which rocky headland in Western Cape is the geographic southern tip of Africa?
- The First Boer War was fought from 1880 to 1881 between Britain and the South African Republic; which country was victorious?
- South Africa accounts for 80% of the world's production of which precious metal?
- Which country is completely surrounded by South Africa?
- The Vredefort Dome was added to the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 2005; what exactly is it?
- Which township, in the city of Johannesburg, did both Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela once live on the same street?
- Which writer was the first to be awarded the Booker Prize twice?
- Durban, the busiest port in South Africa, is on which ocean?
- The Zulu people formed a powerful state in 1818 under which monarch?
- Rainbow Nation
- Sun City
- Namibia, Botswana, and Zimbabwe and Mozambique
- Cape Town
- Robben Island
- The Transvaal
- Cape Agulhas
- The South African Republic defeated the British
- Lesotho (note: the capital and largest city of Lesotho is Maseru)
- The oldest and largest verified meteor crater in the world
- J. M. Coetzee
- Indian Ocean
Did you know that South Africa is the only country in the world to have hosted the Football, Rugby and Cricket World Cups?
SA Quiz II
- Pretoria is popularly known as The Jacaranda City, what is a jacaranda?
- The Kruger National Park contains the 'Big 5' of wild animals; which five animals make up this 'Big 5'?
- South African actress Charlize Theron won the Academy Award for Best Actress for playing serial killer Aileen Wuornos in which 2003 film?
- Name the largest city in South Africa? And in which province, meaning 'place of gold', is this city?
- Which South African won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1984?
- Name the longest river in South Africa?
- Which six letter word is slang for an inhabitant or native of South Africa?
- Who was the leader of South Africa from 1978 to 1989?
- Which city is the judicial capital of South Africa and the capital city of the province of Free State?
- Who was re-elected in 2014 as the President of South Africa?
- What did Louis Washkansky receive in Cape Town on the 3rd December, 1967?
- Which South African anti-apartheid politician served as President of the ANC from 1967 to 1991?
- Which seasonal waterfall in the Royal Natal National Park is generally accepted as the world's second-tallest?
- What is the two letter country internet domain code for South Africa?
- The Siege of Mafeking (1899-1900) turned which British commander into a national hero?
- What was the original historical name for the 'Cape of Good Hope'?
- It's a tree (planted in great numbers in Pretoria's strees and parks)
- Lions, leopards, rhinos, elephants and buffalos
- Johannesburg. Gauteng.
- Desmond Tutu
- The Orange River
- P.W. Botha
- Jacob Zuma
- A new heart (in an operation peformed by Christiaan Barnard at the Groote Schuur Hospital)
- Oliver Tambo
- Tugela Falls
- Colonel Robert Baden-Powell (who is best known today for founding the Boy Scouts in 1908)
- Cape of Storms
> Africa Quiz Questions
Thank you for printing these South Africa questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quizzes.