Timeline Quiz - test your history
- True of false. Modern man's lifetime is nearer to the time of T-rex, than the T-rex was to the stegosaurus?
- Founded in 1209, which university is the second-oldest university in the English-speaking world and the world's fourth-oldest surviving university?
- John Tyler, born in 1790 and the tenth president of the United States from 1841 to 1845, still has granchildren alive in 2020?
- How man days did it take Apollo 11, which placed the first humans on the moon, to get from Earth to the orbit around the moon?
- Which era in the United Kingdom was a period at the end of the Georgian era which lasted from 1811 to 1820?
- The Black Death killed 60 per cent of Europe’s entire population in which century?
- What was the highest-grossing film in the year the saw the last man executed in France by guillotine?
- Mr. Samuel J. Seymour was the mystery guest on a 1956 episode of the "I've Got a Secret" game show as the last living eyewitness to which event?
- How old was Sir Winston Churchill when Wild West gunfighter Wyatt Earp died:(a) 14, (b) 34, or (c) 54?
- In which century was Hadrian's Wall built?
- Who was born first: Anne Frank, Martin Luther King Junior, Queen Elizabth II or astronaut Neil Armstrong?
- Women in Switzerland gained the right to vote in which year: (a) 1951, (b) 1961, or (c) 1971?
- How long did it tale the Titanic to sink: (a) two hours and forty minutes, (b) six hours and forty minutes, or (c) nine hours and forty minutes?
- In which decade was the last time Manchester United got relegated?
- The last known widow Of an American Civil War Soldier died the same year as which president took office?
- When did Great Britian become an island, seperated from the rest of Europe: (a) 8,000 years ago, (b) 80,000 years ago, or (c) 800,000 years ago?
- What happened earliest: (a)the first Wetherspoons opened, (b) the first episode of The Simpsons, or (c) the last O-Levels?
- Which European country celebrates a national public holiday on 6 December each year to celebrate its independence in 1917?
- What happened first: (a) Michelangelo begins painting Sistine Chapel, (b) Magellan's expedition that first circumnavigates the globe, or (c) the Taj Mahal is completed?
- The first happened in 793 and the last in 1066, the first and last what?
- Cambridge University
- 3 days (75 hours and 56 minutes)
- 14th Century
- Star Wars (1977)
- The assassination of President Abraham Lincoln (at Ford's Theater in Washington, D.C.)
- (c) 54
- Second Century (begun in AD 122)
- Queen Elizabth II
- (c) 1971
- (a) two hours and forty minutes,
- 1970s (1974)
- Barack Obama
- (a) 8,000 years ago
- (a) the first Wetherspoons opened (in 1979) (Simpsons started in 1989, and 'O' Levels ended in 1986)
- (a) Michelangelo begins painting Sistine Chapel (1509) (Michelangelo 1522, and Taj Mahal 1643)
- Viking raids in England
> General Knowledge
Thank you for printing these quiz questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.