Wales Quizzes with Answers
Visit our main Wales Quiz II
- In the 1920s, which Tenby born artist was considered to be Britain's leading portrait painter?
- Labour politician Owen Smith is a Member of Parliament for which Welsh constituency?
- Which Welsh town was once the 'iron capital of the world' and was the location of the world's first locomotive-hauled railway journey in 1804?
- Which Welsh actor played a captured U-boat captain in the famous 'Don't tell him, Pike!' episode of Dad's Army?
- On which date is St. David's Day?
- Set in industrial 19th century Wales, who wrote the novel Rape of the Fair Country?
- What type of business was set up by Welsh entrepreneur Pryce Pryce-Jones in 1861 - it was the world's first of its kind?
- Which Welshman was Surveyor General of India from 1830 to 1843?
- Which British movement was formed in 1915 in Llanfair PG, Anglesey?
- Found on the Welsh bank of the River Wye, name the first Cistercian foundation in Wales?
- In some schools in the 19th century a piece of wood was hung around the necks of children who spoke Welsh during the school day - which two letters were inscribed in the wood?
- Name the famous author born in 1916, in Llandaff, Cardiff, to Norwegian parents?
- Which geological period was named after a Celtic tribe of Wales?
- In which Welsh town is there a statue of comedian Tommy Cooper?
- Augustus John
- Merthyr Tydfil (the town also had the first ever Labour MP, Keir Hardie)
- Philip Madoc
- March 1st
- Alexander Cordell
- The first modern mail order business
- Sir George Everest (in 1865, Mount Everest was named in his honour, despite his objection)
- The Women's Institute (WI)
- Tintern Abbey
- WN (standing for Welsh Not)
- Roald Dahl
- Silurian (after the Silures - warlike tribe of ancient Britain, occupying what is now south east Wales)
- Caerphilly (Tommy Cooper was born in Caerphilly in 1921)
Wales Quiz II
- The Great Orme is a headland next to which town? And what type of rock is it composed of?
- What part of Wales is called Ynys Mon in Welsh?
- In which town is the National Library of Wales?
- What is the name of the small round shaped boat traditionally used on Welsh rivers?
- Name the iconic arts centre, clad in Welsh slate with a bronze coloured dome, located in Cardiff Bay?
- What name is given to the Welsh vegetarian sausage with main ingredients cheese, leeks and breadcrumbs?
- Whose first shop was opened in Machynlleth, Powys, in 1961?
- Which Welsh town was the birthplace of politician Geoffrey Howe and is hometown to actors Michael Sheen and Richard Burton?
- In which city is the tallest building in Wales, The Tower, Meridian Quay?
- Who was elected leader of Plaid Cymru in March 2012?
- Which small island off the coast of Tenby is mainly inhabited by Cistercian monks?
- Her first name is Carys, and her autobiography is Seize the Day, who is she?
- Llandudno, Limestone
- Wales Millennium Centre
- Glamorgan sausage
- Laura Ashley
- Port Talbot
- Leanne Wood
- Tanni Grey-Thompson
More Welsh links...
> Wales Facts
Thank you for printing our Wales Quiz. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions.