- The Zoological Society of London was founded in April 1826 by which British statesman? (Hint: he was best known for his founding of Modern Singapore)
- London Zoo, the world's oldest scientific zoo, is located in which Royal Park?
- Snowflake was a famous albino gorilla in which European city's zoo?
- Which zoo and safari park is located near Dunstable in Bedfordshire?
- What was the name given for a collection of captive animals, kept for display, before the term zoological garden came into usage?
- Which well known London Zoo resident of the 60s and 70s is commemorated by a bronze statue near the zoo's main entrance?
- The most prominent collection of exotic animals in medieval England, created as early as 1204 by King John I, were housed in which building?
- What was the name of the female giant panda that became start attraction at London Zoo in the late 1960s?
- In 1853, London Zoo opened the world's first what?
- Amazon World Zoo is located in which part on the United Kingdom?
- Which type of animal caused a nationwide sensation when he escaped for 12 days in March 1965 from London Zoo?
- Which zoo located within a borough of New York City, is the largest metropolitan zoo in the United States?
- In the 1840s, an animal named Obaysch was the first kind of what animal to be seen in Britain since prehistoric times?
- Which zoo, the most-visited zoo in Europe, is also known for Bao Bao the Giant Panda and Knut the polar bear?
- What sort of animal was Ken Allen, who came to be known as 'the hairy Houdini', for his many escapes from San Diego Zoo throught the years?
- Sir Nils Olav, the only knighted penguin in the world, is a famous resident of which British Zoo?
- On May 28, 2016, the shooting of a gorilla made world headlines after a three-year-old boy climbed into its enclosure at which American zoo?
- Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles
- Regent's Park
- Guy the Gorilla
- Tower of London
- Chi Chi
- Public aquarium
- Isle of Wight
- An eagle (Goldie the Eagle)
- The Bronx Zoo
- Berlin Zoo
- An orangutan
- Edinburgh Zoo
- Cincinnati Zoo
> Animal Quiz
> Pets Quiz
Thank you for printing these 2017 quiz questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.