Famous Landmarks Quiz and Answers
- The Statue of Liberty was given the French name La Liberte eclairant le monde, what does this translate to?
- The official name of the tower in which Big Ben is located was originally the Clock Tower, but what was it was renamed in 2012?
- Which world famous landmark celebrated its 100th anniversary in 1989?
- The Colosseum (or Colosseo) is an oval amphitheatre in the centre of the city of Rome; what alternative name is it often called?
- Which iconic landmark was originally created in 1923 as an advertisement for a local real estate development?
- Which architect designed the Sydney Opera House?
- In the 1985 comedy film National Lampoon's European Vacation, Clark Griswold backs his car into which iconic landmark?
- The Great Pyramid of Giza remained the tallest man-made structure in the world for over 3,800 years, until the 160-metre-tall spire of which cathedral was completed in around 1300?
- If Southwark is to the south side of Tower Bridge, which London borough is to the north side?
- The Taj Mahal is an ivory-white marble mausoleum on the Yamuna river, in the Indian city of Agra, what is the meaning of 'taj mahal' in English?
- Name the large unfinished Roman Catholic church in Barcelona, designed by architect Antoni Gaudí?
- Mount Kilimanjaro is a dormant volcano in which country?
- In a letter in 1754 by English antiquary William Stukeley, about which landmark did he write 'could be seen from the moon'?
- Which straight, that connects San Francisco Bay to the Pacific Ocean, does the Golden Gate Bridge suspension bridge span?
- Which bronze statue by Edvard Eriksen, can be seen on a rock by the waterside at the Langelinie promenade in Copenhagen?
- Liberty Enlightening the World
- Elizabeth Tower
- Eiffel Tower
- Flavian Amphitheatre
- The Hollywood sign
- Jorn Utzon
- Lincoln cathedral
- Tower Hamlets
- Crown of the Palace
- Sagrada Familia
- The great Wall of China (it's a myth that it can be seen from the moon; it can't!)
- Golden Gate (sorry, if that's too obvious a guess!)
- The Little Mermaid
> General Knowledge
Thank you for printing these sibling quiz questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.