General Knowledge Questions 11
Visit our main General Knowledge Quiz page.
General Knowledge Questions and Answers
- According to T.S. Elliot's poem, The Waste Land, which month is the cruellest?
- Which video game, featuring saving eggs from green-coloured pigs, has been downloaded more than three billion times?
- The name of which coffee-flavoured Italian custard dessert means 'cheer me up' in English?
- Cambridge University graduate Sid Waddell was nicknamed the voice of what?
- What does the acronym POF stand for in relation to the website address POF.com?
- Name the only animal species whose full scientific name is identical to its common name?
- What name was given to the tariffs and restrictions put on imported food and grain to favour British domestic producers between 1815 and 1846?
- Name the most populated island in the world?
- In China, the ruling Ming dynasty ended in the middle of which century?
- Which sword is the largest and heaviest of the three weapons used in sport fencing and is also the French word for 'sword'?
- What is the national mammal of the United States?
- The Acme Thunderer is a type of what?
- How is Amy Dunne described in the title of a novel by Gillian Flynn?
- What was burned by mutineers on the 23rd of January, 1790?
- The Sonderfahndungsliste G.B. was a secret list of people to be arrested if Germany invaded Britian during World War Two - how was this list better known?
- Which of the children is the first to find the wardrobe entrance to Narnia in the book The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe?
- Which country gained its political Independence from Britain on the 21st of September, 1964?
- Which horse movement, slower than a gallop, is believed to derive its name from a city in Kent, England?
- Which name links the second largest city of Cuba with a South American capital city?
- What was founded in 1895 by Sidney Webb, Beatrice Webb, Graham Wallas and the writer G Bernard Shaw, in three rooms in London?
- Angry Birds
- Voice of Darts
- Plenty of Fish (a well known dating website)
- Boa constrictor
- Corn Laws
- Java (an island of Indonesia with a populaton 141 million)
- 17th century (it ended in 1644)
- The American bison or buffalo
- Famous type of whistle
- Gone Girl
- HMS Bounty
- The Black Book
- Lucy (Pevensie)
- Canter (from Canterbury)
- Santiago (Santiago is capital of Chile, and Santiago de Cuba is the second largest city in cuba)
- London School of Economics
More General Knowledge Questions...
> Trivia quiz questions
Thank you for printing our general knowledge quiz questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great general knowledge.