Welcome to our History Quizzes with Answers
- Which movement existed from 1838 to 1857 as a working-class movement for political reform?
- Which King ruled England from 871 to 899?
- Name the last Anglo-Saxon King of England?
- *HISTORY QUESTION: Whose death, on 21 March 1617, is commemorated by a bronze statue at her burial ground in St George's Church, Gravesend?
- Which king was known as the Prince of Whales because of his size 54 inch waistline?
- Which British monarch was known as The Sailor King?
- The last British King to die in battle was James IV of Scotland, in which historical battle?
- Who was famously born in Pella, the ancient historical capital of Macedonia in July 356 BC?
- Henry VIII was the father, but who was the mother of the following: (a) King Edward VI, (b) Queen Mary I, and (c) Queen Elizabeth I?
- What was the last pitched battle fought on British soil?
- The Second Boer War ended in which year?
- Which officer led 'The Charge of the Light Brigade' cavalry charge?
- Lieutenant-Colonel H. Jones was killed in action during which Falkland Island's battle?
- Which was was a conflict between Spain and Britain between 1739 and 1748?
- Gallipoli, an infamous battle in World War One, is in which present-day country?
- The Chartist Movement
- Alfred the Great
- Harold Godwinson, or Harold II
- George IV
- William IV
- Battle of Flodden Field
- Alexander the Great
- (a) Jane Seymour, (b) Katharine of Aragon, and (c) Anne Boleyn
- Lord Cardigan
- Goose Green
- The War of Jenkins' Ear
- How many Victoria Crosses were awarded at Rorke's Drift in the Zulu War: (a) 5, (b)7, or (c)11?
- The Battle of Salamanca was thought in which war?
- Which British city was known as 'Cottonopolis' during the Victorian era?
- What name was given to a unit of 480 men in the Roman army?
- *HISTORY QUESTION: What was 32 inches in 1512, 35 inches by the 1520s, and then 54 inches in 1545?
- 'The Star-Spangled Banner', the national anthem of the United States of America, was written during which war?
- In World War One what was 'Little Willie'?
- The Duke of Medina Sidonia is associated with which event?
- Who was Prime Minister when Queen Victoria came to the throne?
- Harald Hardrada, who was defeated by Harold at the Battle of Stamford Bridge, was king of which country?
- Which American state experienced the most fighting during the American Civil War?
- Which war began at 4:30 a.m. on June 25, 1950?
- In which European city was Archduke Franz Ferdinand assassinated in 1914?
- Who was King of England from 1199 until his death in 1216?
- What name is given to the 'Revolution of 1688', which was the overthrow of King James II?
- The Peninsular War
- King Henry VIII's waist
- The War of 1812
- A tank (first prototype tank)
- The Spanish Armada (he was commander-in-chiefof the Armada)
- William Lamb (usually addressed as Lord Melbourne)
- Virginia (more than 2,100 events, followed by Tennessee with 1,400)
- The Korean War
- King John (or John Lackland)
- The Glorius Revolution
History quiz links:
Thank you for printing this history quiz. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.