There's more India quiz questions on our main India page.
- Who became the 14th Prime Minister of India in May 2014?
- What was founded by Siddharta Gautama?
- What is the main ingredient of Rogan josh which is one of the signature recipes of Kashmiri cuisine?
- Name the temple in New Delhi, notable for its flowerlike shape, which serves as the Mother Temple of the Indian subcontinent?
- What is INS Vikramaditya - the name means 'Brave as the Sun'?
- In which year did India achieved independence from British rule?
- What is the national flower of India?
- What is Britian's equivalent of The Rashtrapati Bhavan?
- The Ganges flows through India and what other country?
- India has the world's largest Hindu population, which country has second?
- Ganesha, one of the best-known gods in Hinduism, has the head of which animal?
- Which British comedian was born in Ahmednagar, India?
- Which body of water separates India from Sri Lanka?
- Which state in the northwest has the nickname 'land of five rivers'?
- Which desert, also known as the Great Indian Desert, forms a natural boundary between India and Pakistan?
- Narendra Modi
- The Lotus Temple
- An aircraft carrier and the Indian Navy's biggest warship
- 10 Downing Street (it's the official residence of the Prime Minister)
- Spike Milligan
- Palk Straight
- The Thar Desert
India Trivia II
- The Taj Mahal is a world famous marble mausoleum located on the bank of which river?
- Who became India's first prime minister in 1947?
- Which Indian film actress and model made her debut in the film Baazigar and also won the British Celebrity Big Brother 5 reality TV series in 2007?
- Qutb Minar, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is located in which city?
- Cricketer Sunil Gavaskar held a world record of 34 Test centuries for almost two decades, who broke this record in 2005?
- In terms of land area India is the seventh largest country in the world, which country comes next?
- Independence Day is celebrated annually in which month?
- Which Indian state, visited by large numbers of international and domestic tourists, is the smallest by area?
- The Hindi language film industry, often referred to as Bollywood, is based in which city?
- What is officially India's national fruit (of which India is the world's biggest producer and consumer)?
- In which ancient Indian religion is the central tenet 'non-violence and respect towards all living beings'?
- What is the meaning of the popular surname 'Singh'?
- Can you give the former names of the following Indian cities: (a)Chennai, and (b)Mumbai?
- Which language spoken in India is also an official language of Singapore and Sri Lanka?
- Which town is noted for its tea industry, spectacular views of Kangchenjunga, and it's Himalayan Railway?
- As of March 2018, which international cricketer currently captains the India national cricket team?
- Yamuna River
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Shilpa Shetty
- Sachin Tendulkar
- August (15th)
- The mango
- (a)Madras, (b)Bombay
- Virat Kohli
India and Asia related quizzes...
> Asia Quiz Questions
> More India Quiz Questions
'India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother
of history, the grandmother of legend and the great grand mother of tradition'
- Mark Twain
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.