Welcome to our Ireland Quiz
Over 30 Questions and Answers About Ireland
- Name the Republic of Ireland's third busiest airport, after Dublin and Cork?
- Which author and satirist was born in Dublin, on November 30, 1667?
- Which Irish sports stadium is the third largest stadium in Europe?
- Mary McAleese the world's first woman to succeed another as president, who did she succeed?
- What is the name of Ireland's national theatre?
- Which town, defined as a suburb of Dublin, has a name that sounds like a collection of a certain type of weapon?
- Which river flows through the centre of Dublin?
- Which illuminated manuscript Gospel book in Latin is widely regarded as Ireland's finest national treasure?
- Which collection of fifteen short stories by James Joyce were first published in 1914?
- Which of Ireland's counties, colloquially known as the Garden of Ireland, comes last alphabetically?
- Name Dublin's main thoroughfare?
- Which county is the largest in Ulster and the most northern of the Republic of Ireland counties?
- Which Irish county is the largest in terms of land area? And what about the smallest?
- An Irish coffee consists of hot coffee, sugar and which two other ingredients?
- What name is given to the 1916 armed insurrection to end British rule in Ireland?
- Which leading dramatist of his generation was in 1925 awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature?
- Jonathan Swift
- Croke Park
- Mary Robinson
- Abbey Theatre
- The River Liffey
- Book of Kells
- O'Connell Street
- Cork. Louth is the smallest.
- Irish whiskey and thick cream
- The Easter Rising
- George Bernard Shaw
- Dublin Zoo is located in which famous urban park?
- Which important god of Irish mythology, had immense power and played a large and beautiful harp?
- Which Dublin stadium was demolished in 2007 to make way for the construction of the Aviva Stadium?
- Which cliffs in County Clare are one of the most popular tourist destinations in Ireland?
- On which date is Saint Patrick's Day?
- In the Irish folk song The Irish Rover, what is the 'Irish Rover'?
- The colour traditionally associated with St. Patrick was not green but which colour?
- Which city in the South-East is the oldest and the fifth most populous city within the Republic of Ireland?
- Which shipping forecast area is to the immediate south of Ireland?
- Ireland has been historically divided into how many provinces?
- The Blarney Stone is a block of what type of rock?
- The city of Cork is built on which river?
- Name the highest peak in Ireland?
- In Ireland, what is Benbulbin?
- Which Irish rock band, formed in Limerick in 1989, rose to fame with their debut album Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?
- Name the chief cities of the four Irish provinces: (a)Ulster, (b)Leinster, (c)Connacht, and (d)Munster?
- Pheonix Park
- Lansdowne Road Stadium
- Cliffs of Moher
- March 17
- A sailing Ship
- The Lee
- A large rock formation (in County Sligo)
- The Cranberries
- (a)Belfast, (b)Dublin, (c)Galway, and (d)Cork
> St Patrick's Day Quiz
> Northern Ireland Quiz