Quizzes and Answers about Northern Ireland
NI Quiz Questions
- How many counties make up Northern Ireland?
- Which rugby stadium, home of Ulster rugby, was formerly known as Ravenhill?
- What is the name of the Parliament Buildings that is the seat of the Northern Ireland Assembly?
- The last surviving ship of the Battle of Jutland still afloat can be visited in Belfast; what is her name?
- Carl Frampton is a former world champion in which sport?
- Part of the Mourne Mountains, name the highest peak in Northern Ireland?
- Which town is the largest in county Fermanagh and also home to the Clinton Centre?
- Belfast has four cultural districts; which district is home to Northern Ireland's leading university?
- Which well known traditional dish in Northern Ireland is similar to an English breakfast?
- Which poet received the 1995 Nobel Prize in Literature?
- Six (Antrim, Armagh, Down, Fermanagh, Londonderry, and Tyrone)
- Kingspan Stadium
- HMS Caroline
- Slieve Donard
- Ulster Fry
- Seamus Heaney
Did you know that Ulster refers to the six counties of Northern Ireland plus three northern counties in the Republic of Ireland?
NI Quiz Questions
- Name the only remaining completely intact walled city in Ireland (it's one of the best examples of a walled city in Europe)?
- Three Northern Irish sports people have won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award - can you name all three?
- In the 19th century Manchester was called Cottonopolis, however, what similar nickname was given to Belfast?
- Which famous area of interlocking basalt columns was the result of an ancient volcanic eruption?
- The former prison HMP Belfast is situated on which north Belfast road?
- Which lake is the largest by area in the British Isles?
- Which Belfast shipbuilding company is famous for having built the RMS Titanic?
- Name the longest river in Northern Ireland?
- Formerly a borough, which city was granted city status in the 2002 Queen's Golden jubilee celebrations (it is the country's third largest)?
- The city of Belfast is situated in two counties, name both?
- Northern Ireland £20 bank notes feature Harry Ferguson next to which type of vehicle?
- Which ballad is usually set to the Irish tune of the 'Londonderry Air'?
- Derry or Londonderry
- Mary Peters (1972), Barry McGuigan (1985), and Tony McCoy (2010)
- Giant's Causeway
- Crumlin Road
- Lough Neagh
- Harland & Wolff
- River Bann
- County Antrim and County Down
- Tractor (Ferguson is a famous name in tractor innovation)
- Danny Boy