Welcome to the IT Quiz Page
IT Quiz I
- What is the name given to a network designed to allow communication within an organization?
- Apple, HP, and Microsoft were all started in what sort of building?
- What sort of animal is Tux, the official mascot of the Linux operating system?
- In July 2017, Adobe Systems made headlines by announcing it was going to phase out which plug-in by the end of 2020?
- What does the acronym BIOS stand for?
- Which letter do your press with the 'control button' to select the contents of an entire web page?
- Which digital currency is the most well known cryptocurrency?
- What term is used for a network security system that prevents unauthorized access to or from a private network?
- What is the name of the well known spreadsheet software developed by Microsoft?
- For what does the acronym IT stand?
- Which university was Mark Zuckerberg attending when he launched Facebook?
- What does the acronym LCD stand for?
- Which web browser is run by the Mozilla Corporation?
- What is the meaning of ‘CC’ with reference to E-mail?
- Which company in 2001, overtook Compaq as the largest supplier of home-use PCs?
- Presto is the layout engine for which browser?
- What did Niklas Zennstrom and Janus Friis found?
- Who is considered to be The Father of Artificial Intelligence?
- How many bits are there in a byte?
- What was was created in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey?
- A garage
- Flash Player
- Basic Input-Output Services
- The letter 'A'
- Information Technology
- Liquid Crystal Display
- Carbon copy
- John McCarthy
IT Quiz II
- Who is considered the father of computers?
- Which company invented the floppy disk in 1971?
- What nationality is Julian Assange, the founder of Wikileaks?
- What does WWW stand for?
- What does CAD stand for?
- What did Apple launch in 2003 to support the 2001 launched iPod?
- Which of the following is not a type of web image: PNG, GIF, LPG or JPG?
- In 1943 Thomas Watson chairman of IBM said there was a world market for how many computers?
- What does the 'F' stand for in the acronym FORTRAN?
- In computing there are 8 bits to a byte, what are 4 bits called?
- Which is older: 'Email' or 'The World Wide Web'?
- Which country is represented by the internet domain abbreviation 'ch'?
- Why is the domain Symbolics.com famous?
- What does DVD stand for?
- Firefox and Safari are types of what?
- What is the capacity of a standard 1980's PC floppy disc: (a)1. 2MB (b)1.44K (c)1.44MB (d)120MB?
- What piece of computer equipment was invented by Douglas Engelbart of Stanford Research Institute in 1963?
- What is the highest digit that can appear in an Octal number system?
- Gas, solid state and diode are the three types of what?
- Shuffle, Nano, Touch and Classic are variations of what?
- Charles Babbage
- World Wide Web
- Computer Aided Design
- A nibble
- First ever domain name registered
- Digital Versatile Disk
- Web browsers
- The Mouse
- Apple iPod
> Computer Quizzes
> Technology Quiz
Thank you for printing these IT quiz questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.