Technology Quizzes and Answers
Tech Quiz I
- Which multimedia messaging app created by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown, has pictures and messages which are only available for a short time before they become inaccessible?
- In electronics, what is a PCB?
- As of 2017, the Microsoft logo has four coloured squares which represents its four major products; name these four products?
- By which four letter acronym do we know the program that the microprocessor uses to get computer systems started when first switched on?
- Which technology was named after the nickname of Denmak and Norway's 10th century king, Harald Gormsson?
- What does proprietary document file RTF stand for?
- Tux the penguin is the mascot of which computer operating system?
- Which keyboard letter do we press with the 'control' button to undo an action?
- What is Pierre Omidyar's biggest claim to fame?
- Name the new web browser that has replaced Internet Explorer as Microsoft's default web browser in Windows 10?
- Which high-strength material, which was first used as a replacement for steel in racing tires, was developed by Stephanie Kwolek in 1965?
- An atomic pile was an early name for what?
- Which company comercially released the world's first compact disc player in 1982?
- Which Microsoft product replaced Lotus 1-2-3 as the industry standard for spreadsheets?
- Which umbrella term is used to refer to a variety of forms of intrusive computer software including viruses, spyware, worms, and Trojan horses?
- What did Apple ditch on their iPhone 7?
- Printed circuit board
- Windows (blue), Office (red), Xbox (green) and Bing (yellow)
- BIOS (basic input/output system)
- Rich Text Format
- The letter 'Z'
- Ebay - he launched ebay in 1995
- Microsoft Edge
- A nuclear reactor
- The headphone jack (listeners will use Bluetooth wireless headphones)
Tech Quiz II
- Which personal home computer, released in the UK in 1982, was referred to during development as the ZX81 Colour and ZX82?
- What name was given to the group of 19th century English textile workers who destroyed weaving machinery as a form of protest; over time, the term has come to mean one opposed to new technologies?
- What did Apple’s 2007 iPhone really cement as standard?
- What does the acronym USB stand for?
- Which music, video streaming and podcast service was officially launched in October 2008?
- By what name do we know the smileys and ideograms used in Web pages and electronic messages?
- What sort of address is the unique number that identifies a computer on the Internet?
- In 2017, Samsung overtook which Silicon Valley company as the largest semiconductor chip maker in the world?
- In 1976, Steve Jobs founded Apple with which other Steve?
- What name do we call a network that allows communication within an organization or business?
- Which invention is often credited to radar technician Douglas Engelbart in the 1960s?
- Which Google operating system, unveiled in 2007, is designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices?
- Which company that provides commercial web traffic analytics and data was acquired by Amazon in 1999?
- In computing and mathematics, what name is given to a self-contained sequence of actions to be performed?
- Which question-and-answer site was co-founded by two former Facebook employees in 2010?
- Which 2 seat electric city car designed by Renault was the best selling European plug-in electric vehicle during 2012?
- ZX Spectrum
- Universal Serial Bus
- IP address (Internet Protocol address)
- Steve Wozniak
- Computer mouse
- The Renault Twizy
> Computer quizzes
> Information technology quiz
> Inventions quiz
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.