Measurement Quizzes and Answers
- What specifically is measured using an anemometer?
- Used to measure the height of horses, how many inches are there in 'a hand'?
- What can be described as a doubly reflecting navigation instrument that measures the angular distance between two visible objects?
- Which imperial unit is equal to 550 foot-pounds per second?
- Which coin, first minted in the reign of Henry VII, was worth one twentieth of a pound sterling, or twelve pence?
- What name is given to the unit of length that's roughly the distance from the Earth to the Sun?
- What name is given to the constant that is the number of particles found in one mole of a substance?
- Which metric unit of area equal to ten thousand metres squared, was a metric replacement for the imperial acre for land measurement?
- On what scale is calcite a three, and topaz an eight?
- What is greater, a pint of beer or a half-litre of beer?
- In computing, a nibble is how many bits?
- How many inches equals 12.7 centimetres?
- In the USA, what sort of second is sometimes humourously defined as the period of time between the traffic lights turning green and the cab behind you honking?
- The distance of which athletics race is sometimes referred to as the metric mile?
- Andy Warhol claimed that 'everyone will be world-famous' for how many minutes?
- In cookery, how many teaspoons are there in one tablespoon?
- How many standard bottles of wine are there in a Nebuchadnezzar?
- What is the SI unit of luminous intensity?
- Which unit, abolished for official use in the UK in 1985, are there eight of in a mile?
- Mickeys per second is the unit of measurement for the speed and movement direction of what?
- Wind speed
- Four inches
- A sextant
- Horsepower (about 750 watts)
- Astronomical unit
- Avogadro number
- Hectare (one hectare contains about 2.47 acres)
- Mohs scale of mineral hardness
- A pint (an imperial pint = 568 ml)
- Four bits
- 5 inches
- A New York Second
- 1500 metres race
- Fifteen minutes
- 3 (teaspoons in 1 tablespoon)
- 20 bottles
- The furlong
- A computer mouse
- What word links an ancient city and a unit of mass used for precious metals and gemstones?
- The 'dol' is a unit of measurement for what? (Hint: one dol is said to be "just a noticeable difference")
- How wide is a sheet of A4 paper (in centimetres)?
- How many yards are there in a mile?
- In standard UK bed sizes, how much wider in inches, is a King Size compared to a standard Double?
- What is measured with a brannock device?
- A fathom is a unit of water depth equal to how many feet?
- Which two word unit is commonly used as a billing unit for energy delivered to consumers by electric utilities?
- Which old unit of length, first an ancient Celtic unit, was the distance a person could walk in about one hour?
- If 'Nano' is a unit prefix meaning "one billionth", what unit prefix means 'one millionth'? And to make things harder, what about the prefix for 'one trillionth'?
- Which ancient measurement was based on the forearm length from the tip of the middle finger to the bottom of the elbow?
- How many yards are there in one chain?
- A nephoscope is an instrument for measuring the speed and direction of what?
- Which unit, named after a Swedish astronomer, came into standard use in 1948?
- If something weighed 19.85 pounds, how many kilograms would that be?
- The volume of which solid shape is measured by the formula a third times the base, times the height?
- Which unit of measurement's name from the Old French meaning "little box", was equal to 8 gallons, and mostly used for agricultural products such as wheat?
- How many pints are there in one gallon?
- The intensity of the "heat" of what, is commonly reported in Scoville heat units?
- What do the following units measure: (a)pascals, (b)the hertz, (c)kelvins, (d)ohms, (e)farad, and (f)weber?
- 21 centimetres (210 x 297 mm)
- 1760 yards
- 6 inches (a Double is 4’6” x 6’3”, and a King Size is 5’0” x 6’6”)
- Shoe sizes (the well known apparatus used in shoe shops)
- Six feet
- Kilowatt hour
- A league (in English-speaking countries the league was usually three statute miles)
- Micro (one millionth) and Pico (one trillionth)
- 22 yards
- 9 kgs
- A pyramid
- 8 pints
- Chili peppers
- (a)Pressure, (b)frequency, (c)temperature, (d)electrical resistance, (e)capacitance, and (f)magnetic flux
> Maths Quiz
> Science Quizzes
Thank you for printing these 'measurement' quiz questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.