Science Quizzes and Answers
Science Quiz Questions
- In an optical system, what name is given to the measurement of how strongly the system converges or diverges light?
- In science, what name is given for the number of protons found in the nucleus of an atom?
- Umami is one of the five basic what?
- What name is given to a large molecule composed of many repeated subunits?
- Which physical quantity is measured in kilogram metre per seconds?
- Which effect is the emission of electrons when light is shone onto a material?
- How many laws of thermodynamics are there?
- Name the well known test that discovers whether a solution is acidic or basic?
- Which term was coined in 1873 by scientist James Thomson to describe the point when the temperature and pressure of the gas, liquid, and solid phases of a substance coexist in thermodynamic equilibrium?
- Which English inventor's steelmaking process became the most important technique for making steel in the late nineteenth century?
- Which effect is the ability of certain materials to generate an electric charge in response to applied mechanical stress?
- Which silvery-white metallic element has the symbol Sc and atomic number 21?
- Name the device which uses steam to sterilize equipment invented by Charles Chamberland in 1879?
- In mechanics, what name is given to the support about which a lever pivots?
- Which Austrian monk discovered the basic principles of heredity through garden experiments and is known as the 'father of modern genetics'?
- Which German theoretical physicist's discovery of energy quanta won the 1918 Nobel Prize in Physics?
- The SI unit of capacitance is named in honour of which scientist?
- Which type of barometer, invented in 1844 by Lucien Vidi, is an instrument for measuring pressure without the use of liquid?
- At which temperature does water boil on the Fahrenheit scale?
- What name is given to a substance with no active therapeutic effect that is given in order to deceive the recipient into thinking that it is an active treatment?
- Focal length
- Atomic number
- A polymer
- Photoelectric effect
- Litmus test
- Triple point
- Sir Henry Bessemer
- Piezoelectric Effect
- Gregor Mendel
- Max Planck
- Michael Faraday (the farad)
- Aneroid barometer
- 212 degrees
More science quizzes...
Thank you for printing these science questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.