Welcome to our Mountains Quiz
Mountains Quiz I
- The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is part of the Blue Ridge Mountains in which large North American mountain range?
- Where is Mons Huygens the highest mountain?
- Mount Kosciuszko is the highest mountain in which country?
- Mount Teide, the highest point in Spain, is not on the Spanish mainland; where exactly is it?
- The highest mountain peak in North America has the former official name of Mount McKinley, what new name is it now also known by?
- Aconcagua, the highest mountain in the Americas and the highest outside of Asia, is located in which country?
- Which mountain range in South Wales would you visit to walk to the top of South Wales' highest mountain, Pen y Fan?
- Name the highest mountain in the Alps?
- The Dolomites are a mountain range located in the northeastern part of which country?
- Which mountain is the highest peak in the Caucasus range?
- Which Austrian state's territory is located entirely within the Eastern Alps at the Brenner Pass?
- Name the English mountaineer who took part in the first three British expeditions to Mount Everest, in the early 1920s?
- Which range of hills straddle the England-Scotland border?
- Slieve Donard, the highest peak in Northern Ireland, is part of which mountain range?
- Which mountain range runs the length of New Zealand's South Island? And name the highest peak in this range?
- What are Scottish mountains over 3,000ft called? And what's the name for British mountains and hills over 150 metres high?
- The world's highest volcanoes are in which mountain range?
- In geology, the Jurassic period is named after a mountain range in which country?
- Edward Whymper is best known for the first ascent of which mountain in 1865?
- What two word name is the mountain K2 also known by?
- The highest mountain in our Solar Sytem is on which planet?
- Which Scottish mountain range includes the Cairngorms and the Lochaber hills?
- The Appalachian Mountains
- On the moon
- Australia (in the Snowy Mountains range)
- Tenerife in the Canary Islands
- Brecon Beacons
- Mont Blanc
- Mount Elbrus
- George Mallory
- The Cheviot Hills
- Mourne Mountains
- Southern Alps. And Mount Cook.
- Munros. And Marilyns (over 150m high).
- The Andes
- Switzerland (The Jura Mountains)
- Mount Goodwin Austen
- Mars (the mountain is called Olympus Mons)
- The Grampian Mountains
More Geography Quizzes...
> Countries Quizzes
> Europe Quiz