- Which pirate did Charles Laughton play twice on film, first in 1945, and then in 1952 in an Abbott and Costello film?
- By what name was Edward Teach better known?
- What is the traditional name for the early 18th-century pirate flag showing the skull and crossbones?
- What is the first name of Captain Pugwash, the fictional pirate in a series of children's books created by John Ryan?
- And what is the name of Captain Pugwash's ship?
- What word beginning with 'c' is often used to refer to a French buccaneer?
- Which writer created the fictional 18th-century pirate captain, Captain Flint?
- The ending of which war in 1714, led to many unemployed sailors turning to piracy?
- Name the early-18th-century frigate which was the flagship of the pirate Blackbeard?
- Which Irish 'female' pirate was famous in the Caribbean in the early 18th-century?
- Which brand of rum is named after a 17th-century Welsh pirate and has the slogan "To Life, Love and Loot."?
- According to the pirates’ song, how many men were there on a dead man’s chest?
- By what nickname was John Rackham commonly known by?
- The Spanish dollar, minted in the Spanish Empire after 1598, was also known by what name?
- Who is captain of the fictional ship the Black Pearl?
- Name the pirate captain who kept the map of the island where Captain Flint's treasure was hidden in Treasure Island?
- Elizabeth Swann, a female pirate in the film Pirates of the Caribbean, is played by which actress?
- Which slashing sword, with a straight or slightly curved blade sharpened on the cutting edge, is often associated with pirates?
- Which English privateer died of dysentery in 1596, while anchored off the coast of Panama?
- The fictional character Captain Hook is captain of which ship?
- What name is given to the punishment where a sailor is tied to a line that is looped beneath a ship, thrown overboard, and dragged under the ship?
- What name is given to the pirates and privateers that operated from the North African coast until the early 19th century?
- Captain Wiliam Kidd
- Jolly Roger
- Black Pig
- Robert Louis Stevenson
- The War of the Spanish Succession
- Queen Anne's Revenge
- Anne Bonny
- Captain Morgan
- 15 (Dead Mans Chest was an island and part of the British Virgin Islands)
- Calico Jack
- Piece of eight
- Captain Jack Sparrow
- Billy Bones
- Keira Knightley
- Francis Drake
- The Jolly Roger
- Barbary pirates
> General Knowledge
Thank you for printing these quiz questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.