Welcome to our Planet Quiz Questions Page
- What name is given to a planet outside the solar system that orbits a star?
- The Great Red Spot is a huge storm that has raged on which planet for at least 350 years?
- Which planet is home to the tallest mountain in our Solar System, Olympus Mons?
- Which two planets in our Solar System are gas giants?
- Which planet in the Solar System is closest in size to Earth?
- Which is the only planet that rotates clockwise?
- How many planet earths could you fit inside the volume of Saturn's outer ring: (a) a million, (b) 100 million, or (c) a billion?
- Which planet is nearest the earth: Mars or Venus?
- Name the only dwarf planet within the orbit of Neptune?
- True or False. Saturn can be seen with the naked eye?
- Which planet's moons include Oberon, Titania and Miranda?
- Which planet has the largest dust storms in the solar system?
- Exoplanet (or extrasolar planet)
- Jupiter and Saturn
- A billion
- Which planet is known as the horned planet?
- In 1989, NASA's Voyager 2 revealed the planet Neptune to be what colour?
- Sir William Herschel discovered Uranus in 1781 whilst residing in his house in which English city - it's now home to the Herschel Museum of Astronomy?
- How many moons in total do the four terrestrial planets have?
- What's the name of the NASA space observatory launched in 2009 to discover Earth-size planets orbiting other stars?
- Name the largest dwarf planet?
- Which two planets in our solar system are ice giants?
- Can you name the four smallest planets in the Solar System from smallest to largest?
- Name the largest of the five known natural satellites of the dwarf planet Pluto?
- Which dwarf planet slightly larger than Pluto was discovered in January 2005?
- Can you name the two moons of Mars?
- Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto are moons of which planet?
- (Bright azure) blue
- Three (Mercury (0), Venus (0), Earth (1), and Mars (2))
- Kepler Space Telescope
- Uranus and Neptune
- Mercury (smallest), Mars, Venus, and Earth
- Eris (some reports informally referred to it as the tenth planet)
- Phobos and Deimos
> Astronomy Quiz
> Solar System Quiz
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.