Police Quizzes and Answers
- Which Metropolitan Police Service unit was originally set up in 1998 to tackle gun crime?
- On television, Brenda Blethyn plays which fictional character in the Northumberland and City Police force?
- Which twice Prime Minister is regarded as the father of modern British policing?
- Which British police officer was fatally wounded by a shot fired from the Libyan embassy in 1984?
- What is an American officer's equivalent of a truncheon?
- What was the name of the fictional police chief in the film Jaws?
- What is dactyloscopy?
- Television's Life on Mars is set in which city?
- What was the name given to London's first professional police force, formed in 1749 by magistrate and well known author Henry Fielding?
- Which phrase would you most associate with Sgt. Phil Esterhaus of Hill Street Blues?
- Which training college is the principal training centre for London's Metropolitan Police Service?
- Which UK police rank has a rank badge of a crown worn on the epaulettes (or shoulder piece)?
- Fictional police constable George Dixon first appeared in which iconic British film?
- Which cockney rhyming slang term is often used for the Flying Squad of London's Metropolitan Police Service?
- What number do you dial in Europe to contact the emergency services?
- In the United States, what does the acronym SWAT stand for?
- In 2017, who was the first woman to become Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police in London?
- What does the acronym PCSO stand for?
- In which French city are the headquarters of INTERPOL?
- In the early eighties, which Deputy Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police headed a famous inquiry that investigated a shoot-to-kill policy?
- Which Detective Chief Superintendent led the team that were responsible for the conviction of Ronnie and Reggie Kray?
- What was the name of the Detective Chief Inspector played by Helen Mirren in the ITV Prime Suspect series?
- Operation Trident or Trident
- Vera or Vera Stanhope
- Sir Robert Peel
- Yvonne Fletcher
- Police Chief Martin Brody
- Fingerprint identification
- The Bow Street Runners
- Be careful out there
- Hendon Police College
- The Blue Lamp
- The Sweeny (rhyming slang: 'Sweeney Todd' for 'Flying Squad')
- Special Weapons And Tactics
- Cressida Dick
- Police Community Support Officer
- John Stalker
- Leonard "Nipper" Read
- Jane Tennison
> Crime Quiz
> London Quiz
Thank you for printing these 2017 quiz questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.