Welcome to our War Quizzes Page
War Questions and Answers
- If Billy Yank was a Union soldier during the Civil War, what nickname was given to a Confederate soldier?
- What German term was used for a prisoner-of-war camp during World War Two?
- What was the name of the Royal Navy submarine which sunk the Argentine ship General Belgrano during the Falklands conflict?
- The Korean War began when North Korea invaded South Korea in which year?
- Which line of obstacles, fortifications, and weapon installations was built by France in the 1930s to deter war with Germany?
- Who was the most famous casualty when HMS Hampshire sunk near the Orkney Islands in 1916 after hitting a German mine?
- How many years did the Hundred Years' War last for?
- 'Do not fire until you see the whites of their eyes!' was a command first given during which battle?
- The Six-Day War was fought in which year?
- The American Civil War began when the Confederates bombarded which South Carolina fort?
- The shortest war on record took just 38 minutes when which 'then country' surrendered to Britain in 1896?
- What name is shared by an American actor and a 1388 battle on the English-Scottish border?
- Which war, that ended in 1814, was a conflict between Napoleon's empire and the allied powers of Britain, Spain and Portugal?
- The Flagstaff War and the Hutt Valley Campaign (in the mid 1840s) were wars in which country?
- The gatling gun was employed in combat for the first time during which war?
- Jonny Rebel
- HMS Conqueror
- Maginot Line
- (Field Marshal) Lord Kitchener
- 116 years
- The Battle of Bunker Hill (in the American War of Independence)
- Fort Sumter
- Chevy Chase
- The Peninsular War
- New Zealand (conflict between the British Crown and Maori tribes)
- American Civil War
War Quiz Questions II
- Which war lasted from 5 March 1998 until 11 June 1999?
- Tacky's War was an uprising of Akan slaves in which country?
- Which African country is the most contaminated by landmines in the world?
- The burning of Washington and the Battle of Bladensburg both happened during which war?
- 'Richard the Lionheart' was a Christian leader during which crusade: The First, Second, Third, Fourth, or Fifth?
- What was the code-name given to the Dunkirk evacuation in World War Two?
- Which war between Britain and Spain, from 1739 to 1748, got its unusal name given by Thomas Carlyle in 1858?
- The Dungan Revolt was an uprising in which country from 1862 to 1877?
- In which year did the Vietnam War end?
- In which battle fought in 1403, between an army led by King Henry IV and a rebel army led by Henry Percy, was the first time English archers fought each other on English soil?
- Which three countries did Paraguay fight against in the Paraguayan War (also known as the War of the Triple Alliance)?
- In which year did America enter the First World War?
- The Ten Years' War, which started in 1868, was part of which country's fight for independence?
- What name was given to an Australian nuisance wildlife military operation over the latter part of 1932?
- Vulcan bombers flew from which island in Operation Black Buck during the Falklands War?
- The Kosovo War
- Egypt (landmines left behind by British, Italian and German forces in World War II)
- War of 1812
- The Third Crusade
- Operation Dynamo
- The War of Jenkins' Ear
- China (it's a noteable war for its 12 million deaths)
- Battle of Shrewsbury
- Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay
- Cuba (in its fight for independence from Spain)
- The Emu War
- Ascension Island
More war and history trivia...
> World War Two
> History Quizzes
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.