- What does it mean when a wine is said to be 'hot'?
- What name is given to a wine steward who specializes in all aspects of wine?
- In which locality (i.e. state or province) is the wine region called Napa Valley?
- What is the principal acid in grapes that promotes aging and flavour?
- Hawke's Bay is the oldest wine region in which country?
- Red or white? Which colour wine should be served in wider glassware to support oxidation?
- What name is given to the headspace or unfilled space in a bottle or barrel of wine?
- In professional wine tasting what name is given to the smells commonly associated with a young wine?
- Germany's wine reputation is based on wines made from which grape variety?
- What do the British normally call red Bordeaux wines?
- What does the French term 'chambre' mean?
- Retsina is a white resinated wine from which country?
- High in alcohol
- Tartaric acid
- New Zealand
- Red (and white should be served in less rounded and taller glasses)
- Aroma (and bouquet is associated with the smell of more mature wines)
- Riesling grape
- Room temperature
Wine Quiz II
- Which French city, the main city in France’s Champagne region, is headquarters of the Krug Champagne House?
- What name is given to the interaction between wine and air after a bottle has been opened?
- What name is given to the production, study and science of grapes?
- What does 'trocken' mean on a German wine label?
- Name the very popular variety of wine grape, starting with the letter 'm', that is used to create red wine?
- What word, Italian for 'sparkling', generally means any sparkling wine from Italy?
- How many litres does a magnum wine bottle hold?
- Tokay wine comes from which country?
- What variety of grape, used to make red wine, shares its name with the sixth most populated city in Iran?
- Which local wine did English trader John Woodhouse discover in 1773 after landing at a port in Sicily - he is credited with then making this wine popular?
- What name is given to the group of chemical compounds in wine that can affect the colour, texture and aging ability of the wine?
- What is the Italian word for wine?
- Which French region is the northernmost wine district of Burgundy?
- Which famous fortified wine comes from the Douro Valley on the Iberian peninsular?
- Viticulture (Note: Oenology is the study of wine and wine making and is not the correct answer here)
Some famous quotes...
'Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.' - Thomas Aquinas
'Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.' - Benjamin Franklin
'I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.' - W. C. Fields
'Wine is bottled poetry.' - Robert Louis Stevenson